Michigan IBL Consortium
We are working to build and sustain a regional community of mathematics instructors in Michigan that
- is welcoming and supportive of all instructors using, or interested in using, inquiry-based mathematics education;
- makes cross-institutional connections between instructors in the state (and nearby areas);
- provides a platform for sharing ideas, resources, and events pertaining to inquiry-based mathematics in the region;
- organizes in-person IBL events for both new and experienced IBL users;
- supports instructors' reflective teaching practice in a safe community of practitioners.
August 27-29, 2019: Free IBL Workshop at University of Michigan with guest facilitator Kyle Peterson (DePaul) and local facilitator Nina White (UM)
April 5, 2019. Free IBL workshop as part of the MI-MAA section meeting at University of Detroit Mercy.
August 28-30, 2018, Free IBL workshop at University of Michigan with guest facilitator Danielle Champney (Cal Poly) and local facilitator Nina White (UM)
March 24, 2018 (Valparaiso University). As part of Trisection Meeting of the Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan Sections of the MAA, there was a session on "Inquiry Based Learning: Math and beyond" led by Michael Starbird.