JUNIOR Activities @ MHYC
For more than 75 years, Mentor Harbor Yachting Club has offered junior activities to keep kids active, healthy, and safe in, around and on the water. Our campers have a ton of fun while they learn how to:
- Sail and swim for fun and for competition
- Safely ride on and man powerboats
- Use kayaks and paddleboards (SUPs)
- Swim in pools and open water safely and competitively
Get outside. Learn skills for life. Join the fun!
MHYC's Crow's Nest Sail Camp is designed to teach kids ages 7 to 16 boating and water safety skills for life. They spend their days in and around Lake Erie, sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding, powerboating, playing at our beaches, swimming in the pool and the beautiful MHYC clubhouse. Some of our campers compete will race on the Opti Race Team or the Advanced Race Team. Sail camp is open to members of the Club and the community. 5 Fleets, 1 Family.
- MHYC's Fleet Families & Weekly Updates
- 2019 Camp Calendar
- US Sailing Skill Up - Pilot Program @ MHYC
- Explore the Sail Camp Archives (Camp Videos, Photos, Awards)
- Register for Crow's Nest Sail Camp
MHYC junior sailors ages 13 to 19 compete at local, regional and national events in Club 420s, Lasers and Thistles. Advanced Race team is open to members of the Club and the community.
The MHQH Swim Team is a combined effort between Mentor Harbor Yachting Club and Quail Hollow Country Club. It is also open to community members. We practice from June 3 through July, and hold meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout June and July. We focus on fun and stroke development. Swim team practices and swim lessons are also offered to all sail campers.
Private swim lessons for MHYC members are also available.