Menstrual Hygiene Management
This webpage is used to collect and sort all of the material concerning the Menstrual Hygiene Management and the Working Group in Myanmar.
The special needs of girls and women during menstruation have to be taken into account in humanitarian action as well as development work.
Meetings are held in Yangon on a semi regular basis.
- Menstrual Health Hub: A website dedicated to influencing, connecting & uniting the multidisciplinary world of Menstrual Health
- Menstrual Hygiene Day : A website dedicated to Menstrual Hygiene Day created by P&G. Contains collected IEC material and other resources from several places in the world.
- WASH Cluster Myanmar: Myanmar WASH Cluster files.
- The GBV CWG site: Coordination of Myanmar GBV work.
- MIMU: Myanmar Information Management Unit
- MHM Virtual Conference: Virtual Conferences on MHM and Education with recordings from previous conferences
- VIOLENCE, GENDER & WASH: A practitioner's toolkit: Making water, sanitation and hygiene safer through improved programming and services.
- WASH in schools: Myanmar country profile for WASH in schools
Coordinator: Valentina Bidone
Solidarités International / WASH-cluster
In the news
- There will be blood: Pan Ka Lay, a new social enterprise, fights misconceptions about menstruation.
- Demystifying menstrual health
- Refugees lack menstrual supplies and private, safe toilets
- Care-free, confident and changing lives: Four women in a village near Yangon are earning an income by making and distributing reusable sanitary pads.
- Displaced adolescent girls bear the brunt of funding cuts for menstrual hygiene : Article on reliefweb from UNICEF visit in Kachin
- We Need to Talk About Menstruation | Henriette Ceyrac | TEDxYangon : TED talk about menstruation, stigma and lack of knowledge in Myanmar.