Life Science Entrepreneurship
The Role of Physicians, Scientists, and Engineers in High-tech Startups
March 11 – April 17, 2019
Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
For Credit or Certificate. Audit by Permission.
This course will feature both core lectures on entrepreneurship and special guest presentations by notable entrepreneurs. Topics to be covered include:
- The roles of physicians, scientists, engineers and MBAs in biotech, medical device, and other life science companies
- The major trends and innovations driving the creation of new products in large, established companies and venture-capital-backed startup companies
- The venture capital process, the formation and capitalization of high-tech companies, and the role of university tech transfer offices
- Startup operational issues, roles of VCs and board members, execution time frames, the liquidity process, IPOs and mergers, and payout prospects for founders and investors
- Entrepreneurial team building, leadership and career planning
Enventure Happy Hour at Little Woodrow's (Rice Village) - Wednesday, March 20 at 6:30pm. RSVP here.
Enventure Happy Hour at Axelrad - Wednesday, April 3 at 6:30pm. RSVP here.
Christina Ulrich: christina (at) enventure.org
Amadeus Zhu: amadeus.zhu (at) gmail.com