What is the PTG?
Mercury Mine’s Parent Teacher Group (PTG), is a collective group of parents and staff whose mission is to enhance the education and opportunities of all students at Mercury Mine by raising funds to support the school’s programs and services. We strive to promote communication, understanding and cooperation among students, parents, faculty and the community. Our goal is to promote a supportive and engaging community atmosphere. Your PTG puts on fun signature events throughout the year including Bingo Night, Holiday Marketplace, Spring Fling, and many more!
Why a PTG instead of a PTA/PTO?
Mercury Mine parents decided to become a Parent Teacher Group as opposed to a Parent Teacher Association in order to be open to all parents, children and teachers of our school, and not limit its membership.
As a result:
- There are no registration dues or fees of any kind. You do not need to “join” the PTG to be an active participant.
- We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit group, meaning after our minimal expenses, our funds and efforts directly benefit the school (Tax ID: 86-0529372)
What happens to the money you raise?
Some examples of how funds are utilized include:
- $250 to each teacher, each year to utilize as needed for classroom supplies
- Refillable filtered water stations were installed in Spring of 2019
- Kindergarten screenings
- Grade-level tech subscriptions
- New equipment for PE, Art, Media, Music...and so much more!
- coming in the 2019-2020 school year - outdoor musical instruments on the primary playground