About TRIO Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS), funded by the U.S. Department of Education, is a TRIO program dedicated to increasing the retention and graduation rates for low income, first-generation, and/or current undergraduate students with documented disabilities at McMurry University.
* * *
- Academic coaching
- Financial aid advising & assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial literacy & academic success workshops
- Assistance with applying for graduate or professional school
- Visits to Graduate Schools
- Assistance for participants with disabilities
- Social and cultural enrichment events
- 1-on-1 meetings with an academic success coach
* * *
The TRIO Student Support Services program at McMurry University will meet the following objectives:
72% of all participants served by the SSS project will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year or graduate and/or transfer from a two-year to a four-year institution during the academic year.
97% of all enrolled participants served by the SSS project will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing at the grantee institution.
35% of new participants served each year will graduate within six (6) years.
* * *
Who Qualifies for TRIO SSS?
You are eligible to enroll in TRIO-Student Support Services if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
You are a first-generation college student (neither of your parents has completed a bachelor’s degree).
You or your family meets federal guidelines for being low income. (See Federal TRIO Programs Current-Year Low-Income Levels.)
You have a documented disability registered with McMurry Disability Services.