McAfee protects our computers and Smartphones from harmful virus, malware, Trojans, and cyber-attacks. If you have forgotten your McAfee ID and password, then you need to recover your account. It is very important to recover your McAfee account as your subscription details and your activation key is in your account. If you will not recover your McAfee account you cannot redeem your retail card, update your profile, and edit billing details. You can use this blog for recovering your McAfee account if you have forgotten your credentials.
For uninterrupted protection of your devices, it is a must that you provide them with protection software. So, if you have chosen McAfee for the same reason, then you must create an account on its platform to make the best use of your subscription. Thus, if you wish to get your hands on more information about McAfee My Account, you may continue to read this post till the end. Here, we shall discuss a few details about using your McAfee account and some of its important features.
List of options in McAfee My Account
The following options are available in the McAfee "My Account" drop-down. Upon clicking on each option, you will be redirected to a new page that will let you do more with your account:
My Profile- from here, you can easily make changes to your account details
Auto-renewal settings- if you wish to op or opt-out of McAfee renewal services, then you may click on this option
Redeem your retail card- to activate your subscription, you can redeem your retail card here
Update profile- to make changes to your McAfee account profile, simply tap on this option
Edit billing- for editing your billing details, just tap on this option and follow the prompts
Common FAQs- to know more about McAfee My Account and related details, you may get information from here
How do I log in to McAfee My Account?
To get your hands on the options given above, simply follow the instructions given here:
1. From a web browser of your choice, go to home.mcafee.com.
2. Now, hover your mouse over the "My Account" option at the top-right corner.
3. Then, you need to click on the desired option from the drop-down.
4. Else, log in directly on the displayed page.
5. For this, enter your email address and password in the given blanks.
6. Then, tap on the "Remember Me" option.
7. Hit the "Log In" button at the end.
In case you have forgotten your McAfee account login details, simply follow the instructions given in the next sections.
Steps to recover a forgotten E-mail address:
If you have forgotten your E-mail address, you can recover it by following these simple steps:
1. Go to your McAfee account.
2. Tap on the option of my subscription.
3. Your E-mail address will appear on the top-left corner of your screen.
4. Then, you can log in to your account by using the E-mail address.
5. But if your E-mail address will not appear on your screen then, you can recover it.
6. Go to the official website of McAfee.
7. Click on the “my account” section.
8. You will be asked to enter your E-mail address and password.
9. Hit on the option of forgot the E-mail address.
10. Then, follow the given instructions and they will send you your E-mail address.
11. After receiving the E-mail address, you will be able to log in to your McAfee account.
Steps to recover a forgotten password:
If you do not have any idea about your password and it is completely forgotten then, you can recover your password with the below-mentioned steps:
1. Visit the official website of McAfee.
2. Hit on the “my account” option.
3. Enter your E-mail address.
4. Click on forgot my password.
5. A mail will be sent to you with a link in it.
6. The link will expire in 72 hours so try to recover your account before this period otherwise, you will have you do the same process again for getting the new link.
7. If you are unable to find the mail then check the mail in the spam folder and move it to your inbox.
8. Tap on that link and you will be able to reset your password
9. Enter your new password and confirm it again.
10. Save the password details.
11. Try to Log in to your McAfee account with your new password.
To conclude, it is necessary to recover your McAfee account as it will protect your device from hackers. If you will not recover the account your subscription will expire with time and you will not be able to renew it. There is no benefit in making a new McAfee account as you will have to pay again for taking the subscription. So, it is better to restore your account. The above-mentioned steps will help you to recover your account easily. For more info visit mcafee.com/activate.