The following contain the problem banks for each week from which the quiz questions will be drawn. In addition there is usually a collection of related problems which come from previous exams and reviews. While you are not expected to work all of the related problems, if you want to do well in the course, then you should be able to know how to answer these problems.
- Week 1 -- Review material
- Week 2 -- Rate of change; limits and one-sided limits
- Week 3 -- Continuity; asymptotes
- Week 4 -- Tangent lines; derivative at a point; derivative as a function
- Week 5 -- Differentiation rules; derivative as rate of change
- Week 6 -- Properties of differentiation; derivatives of trigonometric functions; chain rule
- Week 8 -- Implicit differentiation; derivative of inverses; logarithmic differentiation; inverse trigonometric functions
- Week 9 -- Related rates; linearization; critical points; absolute max and min
- Week 10 -- Mean value theorem; increasing/decreasing; inflection points; first and second derivative tests
- Week 11 -- L'Hospital; Newton's method; optimization problems
- Week 13-- Antiderivatives; Riemann sums
- Week 14 -- Properties of integrals; symmetry; using geometry; substitution; average value; fundamental theorem of calculus
- (*)Week 15 -- Separable differential equations
(*) = This topic is from dead week and not on a quiz; however it might (in the most definitely will sense) appear on the final.