Makeup Requests for quizzes and exams
Quizzes and exams should be taken during the scheduled times. When this is not possible, makeups are given as per departmental policy. University mandated makeups are given for the following reasons (official documentation must be given upon request and when possible requests must be made at least 10 days in advance):
- Extra curricular activities as a representative of Iowa State University (e.g., sponsored sports, band, etc.).
- Armed forces deployment (e.g., ROTC, military duty).
- Officially mandated court appearances (e.g., jury duty).
In addition, makeups are possible for additional reasons where the accommodations are reasonable and sufficient advance notice is given (at least 10 days when possible). Such makeup exams usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Medical situation for the student or medical emergency of family members.
- Conflict with religious practices and/or observances.