Each problem on the quiz will be graded out of five points with the following general guideline (no half points will be rewarded):
- 5 points = completely correct; all intermediate work shown; all notation used correctly.
- 4 points = correct; most intermediate work shown; notation mostly correct.
- 3 points = correct idea; some intermediate work shown; going in the right way but only about half way to a full answer.
- 2 points = some work shown indicating understanding of the problem.
- 1 point = answer given with wrong or missing supporting work; work shown bears vague resemblance to the question asked.
- 0 points = unanswered; work given irrelevant to the problem.