The MPT materials have been developed through support from:
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health, National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute for Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research
- As well as funding from Europe
The contents of the MPT CD are now available free on this website!
Matching Person & Technology CD
Contains everything you need:
- MPT assessments in a format for filling out electronically – can also print paper copies.
- Optional computerized scoring and interpretations of the results from the Assistive Technology Device Predisposition Assessment.
- Crosswalk/backcode/map of all items on the Assistive Technology Device Predisposition Assessment to the World Health Organization's International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.
- A video interview of the MPT assessment process and use of the MPT forms.
- Sample case reports and ways to write documentation reports, funding requests, etc.
This CD was funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research, through grant number HD38220 to The Institute for Matching Person & Technology.
A German version is available from amazon.com.de
The Hearing Technology Predisposition Assessment (HTPA)
by Marcia J. Scherer, Ph.D., MPH, FACRM, Larry Medwetsky, Ph.D., CCC-A, & D., & Robert Frisina, Ph.D The development of the HTPA is described. Copies of the forms are also included.
Matching Assistive Technology to Child-Augmentative Communication Evaluations Simplified Assessment (MATCH-ACES)
The MATCH-ACES assessment is an evidence-based comprehensive assessment process that is child-centered and used to identify the need for assistive technology in the educational setting. It can also be used in the medical setting (a rehabilitation version of the MATCH-ACES is under development). The MATCH-ACES assessment was found to be an effective assessment process in matching students to assistive technology (AT) with significant outcomes measures of students using the recommended AT to meet their educational goals.
The MATCH-ACESS Assessment manual includes information on procedures guidelines, psychometric properties of the assessment, and two case studies. The MATCH-ACES Assessment forms are in PDF format on the USB Flash Card for unlimited use. The MATCH-ACES Assessment is available for purchase from this website
You may also be interested in this journal article:
Susan A. Zapf , Marcia J. Scherer , Mary F. Baxter , Diana H. Rintala
Vol. 11, Iss. 1, 2016