Phd Candidate in Finance - Maastricht University
I am also affiliated through a research cooperation with Artnet, New York.
I will be available for job market interviews at the AFA meeting in Atalanta in January, 2019.
- Art finance
- Economics of conspicuous consumption goods
- Luxury goods as financial assets
- Cultural economics
- Economics of gender
Intrigued by goods whose value drivers are ambiguous, in my research I aim to investigate and decompose these value components. As investors start looking for alternative investments, I analyse the potential of luxury, emotional and conspicuous consumption goods to become a financial asset class. My current focus is on visual art, luxury watches and fashion.
- Starting January 2018: Visiting Scholar, Yale School of Management, The US
- Since April 2017: Research collaboration with Artnet, The US
- September 2015 - expected 2019: Ph.D in Finance, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- June 2014 - September 2015: Management Consultant, Capgemini Consulting, Germany
- 2012 - 2014: Double M.Sc. in Finance and Strategy, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- 2008 - 2011: B.Sc. in International Business, Maastricht University, The Netherlands