1. LWCAD 2018.3 new features
Mesh TR system
Next version of LWCAD mesh core system.
100% compatible with previous Smart Mesh system.
Removes technical limitations of Smart Mesh System.
Allows UV mapping on NURSB surfaces.
Significant speed optimization
All new tools based on Mesh TR are named with suffix TR.
New Mesh TR Tools:
Join - Edge Join (TR)
- complex tools for connecting geometry (includes merge points-edges-curves, intersect curves, unify surfaces )
Explode - Edge Explode (TR)
- complex tools for disconnecting geometry to smaller parts, (segments, curves, surfaces)
Edge Refine (TR)
- tool for including and removing NURBS knots into curves and surfaces edges,.
- low level NURBS detail tool.
Flat Patch (TR)
- specialized tool for creating flat surfaces from curves or edge selection.
- optimized for use on very complex floor-plans
- complex tool for creating 3D NURBS patches from curves or edge selection.
- includes several tools (Loft, Patch, Rail along singe or multiple curves, Gordon patch, Network patch) .
Soft Edge (TR)
- special tool for smoothing edges between NURBS patches
Terrain Patch (TR)
- new experimental tool for generating terrain patches from scene points or projected onto object surfaces.
Quad To Patch (TR)
- tool for converting quad polygons to NURBS surfaces.
Quad UV (TR)
- new UV mapping tool with interactive quad selection (quad polygons and NURBS surfaces) .
Non TR Updates:
- new option to enable soft ends on the spline
Drag & Weight
- new option modes: Single - Dual (point mode)
- new drag point projection snapping modes (perp,tan,ortho)
- polygons and NURBS surfaces can be dragged in a perspective viewport
- new projection point limit
- new modes: perp,tan,ortho