Welcome to Professional DSLR Photography for Beginners!
This course focuses on the foundations of photography, video and digital media giving you important tools to take professional photos, video and share great content! Starting with a strong understanding of manual camera settings is important for any photographer to get control over the image they are taking. While auto settings and cell phone cameras do have the capability to take high quality images, to really stand out as a professional, you'll need to understand the intricacies of exposure, depth of field and how to manipulate your camera settings and composition to creatively tell a story in one single frame. Once you master photography, we'll be putting that skill into motion with video production techniques, and learning how to share those stories in today's media landscape.
By the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Take photos with proper exposure utilizing a DSLR camera with manual settings.
- Define key phrases and definitions of important camera settings.
- Understand and demonstrate how exposure, shutter speed, ISO and distance can be adjusted and combined to achieve the desired depth of field.
- Critique and analyze your own work, while taking constructive criticism from others to make a better finished product.
- Enhance your photographs using the Adobe Lightroom editing application, and your videos using Adobe Premiere.