10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Awards and Final Showing from 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Costumes must be entered upon registration – a simple name of the costume or character is all that is required. Students may register in advance or at the door.
- A student may only register 1 costume. There is no group competition. Students must register as a single entry.
- Students may enter a handmade or purchased costume.
- Each student will be allowed ONE walk-on of 3 minutes or under.
- Each costume will be judged on 4 criteria and awarded a total score out of 40 with each criteria being rated on a scale of 1 – 10.
- Quality: How well is the costume made i.e. effort, creativity, resourcefulness. Handmade costumes get a bonus in this category.
- Accuracy: How well does your costume match the intended character or concept being portrayed.
- Presentation: How well does your persona match the costume i.e. the way you move, walk and talk etc.
- Impression: this is very subjective. Simply how the costume made the judge feel. Overall impact.
- Restrictions. The costume restrictions are listed below. Any student in violation of a restriction will be disqualified and the student will not be allowed to wear the costume at the event or anywhere in the building.
- Costumes may not be too revealing, meaning the upper body, genitals and posterior must be covered so as not to be seen.
- All parts of the costume must be firmly set in place so as not to come off – this includes paint and make-up.
- Any prop that is sharp, hard, pointy or heavy is not permitted.
- All costumes must comfortably fit through the front doors of the school while being worn.
- Costumes of a political or religious nature or which could be deemed profane are not permitted.