The Luckenbooth Theatre Academy is committed to training the next generation of actors and performers. Children and teens receive direction from working, industry professionals and are never denied an opportunity to participate in our programming. Luckenbooth proudly welcomes children and teens of all capabilities into their theatre.
SUMMER 2019 CLASSES
- From Star Wars to Frozen - we're all characters! (age 4 - 6) Students are invited to bring their favorite character to class to be a part of a world premiere original production! Actors involved in this class, which meets Mondays from 4pm - 5pm, will learn the basics of storytelling and putting on a production with complimentary projects they will work on together in class. The semester will end with a production for family and friends to attend. Register Here!
- It's a Puppet Show! (age 4 - 6) Students in this class, which will meet Tuesdays from 4pm - 5pm, will create their own variety of puppets from paper bag to sock to hand and rod - all of which they will be able to keep at the end of the semester. The class will conclude with an original production starring the puppet friends we have created! Register Here!
- Storyteller's Theatre (age 7 - 9): Students in this class, which will meet Thursdays from 4pm - 5pm, will begin the process of learning how to perform in front of an audience. Through the art of storytelling, games, activities, scenes and music, students will be exposed to all the necessary ingredients of theatre performance. At the end of the semester, an original class performance cultivated, written and performed by the students will be performed for the public! Register Here!
- Adapt2Act (age 6 - 9, 10 - 12, or 13 - 18): This class will offer multi-sensory theatre for those with an autism spectrum condition and/or other neuro-developmental differences. Luckenbooth strives to enrich the lives of these students by increasing their access to theatre and fostering their use of performance as a channel for expression. Students in this class will also be given advanced consideration for our first Adapt2Act production of Harold and the Purple Crayon. All Adapt2Act classes meet on Wednesdays (4pm - 5pm, 5pm - 6pm and 6pm - 7pm). Register Here!
- Improv Yourself! (age 10 - 17) This class, which will meet Fridays from 4pm - 5pm, will focus on the art of improv. Through games, trust exercises, and character development, actors will build confidence, creativity and public speaking skills...all while having fun! Register Here!
- Masks and Movement (age 10 - 17) This class, which will meet Mondays from 5pm - 6pm, will focus on mask making, the art of commedia dell'arte and the importance of movement on stage. Students will explore character development through non verbal and physically driven theatre activities. Students will perform an original movement piece, featuring the masks they have constructed, to the public. Register Here!
- Acting the Song (age 10 - 17) This class, which will meet Tuesdays from 6pm - 7pm, will challenge the actor to develop the character past the notes in a song. From audition prep to performance prep, students will leave this class ready to face the challenges of musical theatre. Each student will perform a solo piece for the public at the end of the semester. Register Here!
- Acting for Introverts (age 10 - 17) This class, which will meet Mondays from 6pm - 7pm, and will be tailored to individuals that may consider themselves introverted, shy, anxious or bitten by the "stage fright" bug. Actors will be challenged to confront their comfort zones, insecurities and be encouraged to find ways to master the butterflies in their stomach. Each actor will perform contrasting monologues at the end of the semester. Register Here!
- Technically Theatre (age 10 - 17) This class, which will meet Mondays from 7 - 8pm, will cover all the technical elements of theatre production. Lights, sound, costumes, set design - because, without it, would we really have a show? Students will pick a design team by the end of the semester and design a production of their choice. Presentations will be delivered to the public at the end of the semester. Students will also be invited to work the production teams of our summer Academy productions - implementing what they learn in class directly to the industry. Register Here!
- The Teen Acting Conservatory (age 13 - 17) This class, which will meet Fridays from 5pm - 6pm, will cover everything young, aspiring, serious actors may need to know about acting. From auditions to resume building to character development to scene work to movement, actors will leave more confident in their abilities and with an understanding of the tools needed for success. The semester will end with a performance for the public. Register Here!