- 2019-now: CNRS full-time researcher (chargé de recherche), I3S, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- 2017-2019: Lecteur Hadamard postdoc fellow, FMJH, CMAP, École Polytechnique, France.
- 2016-2017: Postdoc, CMAP, École Polytechnique, France.
- 2015-2016: Postdoc fellow, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Nano2fun ITN, MIDA group, Camelot Biomedical Systems, Università degli studi di Genova, Italy.
- 2011-2015: PhD in Applied Mathematics, CCA, CIA, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK.
- 2006-2011: BSc/MSc in Applied Mathematics, Università degli studi di Pavia, Italy.
FULL CV CV_Calatroni.pdf
My research lies in the fields of mathematical image processing, non-smooth optimisation and non-linear PDEs. During my PhD I studied novel variational and PDE-based models for several imaging problems (denoising, inpainting, segmentation..) and used them to solve real-world problems. In my post-doctoral experience I broadened my skills working on non-smooth optimisation techniques for inverse problems. Recently, I further became interested in the development of mathematical PDE models for art conservation and computational neuroscience.