Domiciliary Care - Care at Home Explained
Most of us cherish our independence more than anything. We are used to doing things on our own, living on our own. Our strong desire of being self-sufficient does not simply disappear when we get old. Maybe, that is why domiciliary care is becoming more and more popular all around the globe. Domiciliary care, also known as come care is an excellent opportunity for people who don’t want to change a familiar living environment but still need a little assistance in daily tasks. Whether you are looking for a carer for your elderly parents, or your loved ones went through complicated surgery and require help, home care might be a great option for you.
How does it work?
Let’s explain the purpose and process of home care. Basically, you live in your own house and somebody comes in to assist you with day-to-day tasks. Under somebody, we mean qualified, experiences and friendly carer. This person might live in your house if you need 24-hour assistance, or if you just require a little help, a caregiver might spend a couple of hour at your place. That is the perk of homecare, dom care plan will perfectly match with your special requirements and needs.
What is included?
As we have already mentioned, home care services can be very different, depending on what you need. When interviewing home care service providers, try to give them as many details about your health condition as you can. Giving complete information will help them to offer suitable packages. Home care service packages may include:
● Housekeeping - cleaning, ironing, washing, preparing meals and etc.
● Personal Care - assistance with dressing and undressing, makeup, showering and etc.
● Assistance with mobility - if you underwent serious surgery, you will probably need someone to help you to move, at least for the first couple of days.
● Medication - if you need to take medication on time, or require some assistance with specific medical procedures, a caregiver will be there for you;
● Companionship - when we speak about health, we don't necessarily mean physical health. A Caregiver can help you to maintain a healthy social life, enjoy yourself and stay active.
Why is it so popular?
The popularity of homecare services increases every day. One of the main factors why home care is so essential is because you will continue to live in the familiar atmosphere as opposed to moving into a nursing house or a hospital, but enjoy all the advantages of intense care and support from a professional caregiver. In addition, home care lives space for family members to participate in the process. Most of the people who are receiving home care services, feel less stress. Staying in a familiar environment, where one feels comfortable and safe can largely contribute to the process of getting well or maintaining healthy condition both of your body and soul.
For More Info:- end of life care services