Littleton Academy Accountability Committee
Every public school in Colorado is required to form an Accountability Committee comprised of parents and teachers in order to assess goal achievement. Because we are a charter school, we have the authority to align our Accountability Committee’s purpose to our vision in addition to meeting the state’s requirements. LAAC serves as an advisory committee to the governing board to fulfill a five-part charge:
- Make recommendations to the Governing Board to foster accountability.
- Review and make recommendations on the school improvement plans and/or annual reports of progress.
- Consult with and make recommendations to the Governing Board to improve educational achievement and school success.
- Measure and assess parent, staff and student satisfaction concerning the performance of Littleton Academy.
- Keep the school community informed of LAAC activities.
Serving on LAAC is an enjoyable, rewarding way to assist in improving our school. Most of our time consists of creating, administering, and analyzing the school survey (charge #4). The cooperation and exchange of ideas between parents and teachers throughout this process provides a unique opportunity for a variety of stakeholders to learn from each others’ perspectives.