Blockchain Proof of Concept
Cycling is a common mode of transport in the Netherlands, with 36% of the people listing the bicycle as their most frequent means of transport on a typical day. The Netherlands' busiest cycleway, Vredenburg in the city of Utrecht, sees some 32,000 cyclists on an average weekday, and up to 37,000 on peak days. There are several bicycle parking stations in Utrecht. In 2018 the largest one opened for 12,500 bicycles, which makes it the largest in theNetherlands.
We are very pragmatic and handson focussed. We do not spend time on fancy whitepapers, money on marketing or create fancy websites. This is our pitch and we like to build this PoC to learn and present the showcase.
The PoC is not:
- to showcase what the best application for blockchain technology is;
- to start a company;
- to showcase a valid businessmodel;
- to earn a profit.
The PoC is:
- to learn how its done and get handson experience with the SDK;
- to give feedback to HQ how to improve documentation and development;
- to showcase a proof of concept what can be done with the Lisk alpha SDK;
- to inspire visitors/developers at the LCU to start building with the alpha SDK;
Proof of Concept mobile interface impression
(Demo will be available in English)
Idea -> Do -> Result
1. Create the concept - [ done ] / 2019-08-08
2. Get the domain, rent a server and setup a website - [ done ] / 2019-08-09
3. Get a team and agree on the project - [ done ] / 2019-08-09
4. Setup the Lisk blockchain - [ done ] / 2019-08-09
5. Community funding round - [ done ] / 2019-08-09
6. Get a Bike and fit the lock - [ done ] / 2019-08-23
8. Build the mobile interface [ -- ] / 2019-0x-xx
9. Showcase the result to the community / 2019-11-19
10. Release the code and bikes in Utrecht & Berlin to demonstrate this concept / 2019-12
Lisk SDK proof of concept application combining various ideas and technologies into an interesting use case. +
A working demonstration for all Lisk Center visitors/developers to inspire and start using the Lisk SDK.
We are very happy to have reached our donation goal of 5000 LSK to build this PoC
The lisk.bike POC will be based on the Commonbike platform (also build by Marc), an open source project that has been setup to stimulate bike sharing in the Netherlands. This will allow us to efficiently realize a working solution.
All developed code will be added to the public domain (Github) so that interested parties can join and use the project results.