Lessons begin on Monday, September 9 and conclude in mid-June. Generally, I follow the Seattle public school calendar. I'll provide you with a complete calendar for the year, but these are the key dates you need to know:
2019-2020 Suzuki Group Classes (Book 1, 2, and 3)
Combined classes for EVERYONE: Sept 10 (review day for Books 1-2), Oct 22 (solo time), Nov 19 (rehearsal for holiday gig), Dec 3 (dress rehearsal for holiday gig), March 3 (outreach concert), May 26 (solo time)
Twinkle/Book 1 classes: Sept 17, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 17, Jan 14, Jan 28, Feb 11, March 17, March 31, April 21, May 5, May 19
Book 2-3 classes: Sept 24, Oct 15, Nov 12, Dec 10, Jan 7, Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 25, March 24, April 7, April 28, May 12, June 9
possible makeup class: if I need to cancel a class, I will hold a makeup class for one or both levels on June 16
2019-2020 Chamber Music Program Dates
- Monday & Tues, November 11-12: sight-read repertoire and rehearse for holiday gig
- Tues, November 19: rehearse in small groups for holiday gig @ U-Heights, between 5:30-8:00 PM, small groups will go for 45-60 minutes each.
- Tues, December 3: combined dress rehearsal for holiday gig, @ U Heights Room 108, 6:00-8:00 PM, younger kids will be dismissed early.
- Sat, December 7: holiday gig at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, 11:30-1:00 PM
- Tues, December 10 and 17: chamber rehearsals, finalizing concert repertoire and focusing on chamber music skills
- Tues, January 7, 14, 21, and 28: chamber rehearsals
- Tues, February 4, 11, and 25 chamber rehearsals - one of these will be a workshop with Karen Iglitzin, former first violinist of the Philadelphia string quartet, a longtime Seattle chamber music coach, and founder of Chamber Music Madness.
- Tues, March 3: dress rehearsal/concert @ Merrill Gardens Retirement Home near U-Village
- possible extra rehearsals leading up to the final concert
- Saturday, March 7: chamber recital @ Good Shepherd, 1:30 PM. Ample time for run-throughs onstage beforehand.
- It's optional, but if any students would like to continue on with a group in the spring, I am happy to arrange it!
2019-2020 performance schedule
FALL SOLO RECITAL
- Tuesday, October 22: solo time (practice performing your piece in a low-key group setting)
- Tuesday, October 29: rehearsals with Allyson Kramer at my house between 3:30-7:30 PM, sign up for times about a week beforehand.
- Saturday, November 2: formal solo recital at Good Shepherd Center 1:30-3:30. No time for rehearsals onstage beforehand due to venue being booked.
ANNUAL HOLIDAY GIG
- Tuesday, November 19: rehearse for holiday gig at U-Heights
- Tuesday, December 3: dress rehearsal for holiday gig at U-Heights Room 108
- Saturday, December 7: annual holiday gig at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park, 11:30-1:00. Group performances only.
WINTER GROUP CONCERT (All levels participate!)
- Tuesday, March 3: outreach performance at Merrill Gardens retirement community near U-Village, 5:30-6:30 PM
- Saturday, March 7: concert at Good Shepherd Center, performances begin at 1:30 with ample time for rehearsal onstage beforehand.
SPRING SOLO RECITAL
- Tuesday, May 26: solo time
- Tuesday, June 2: rehearsals with Allyson Kramer at U-Heights Room 209, between 4-8 PM
- Saturday, June 6: recital at Good Shepherd Center. I have the venue rented from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM, due to venue and Allyson's availability. This will leave your weekend wide open after!