Important message from DG Conrad dreyer
Fellow Lions, Lioness & Leos,
Due to the rapidly expanding/changing coronavirus situation, this weekend’s 27-D1 Convention is being cancelled. This is not an easy decision, but is in the best interest of our membership and aligns with Wisconsin Governor Evers declaration of a public health emergency.
For those who had planned to attend:
- Registration Fees will be refunded via our District Treasurer Bill Severson in the coming weeks. There is no action necessary on your part.
- Room Reservations - If you have a room reservation @ Chula Vista, you will need to call (855) 388-4782 to cancel it. All fees related to your cancellation will be waived, but you must call to cancel or you will be charged for your reservation. If you have any issues cancelling your room, please contact Convention Chair Missy Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on how we will handle District elections and other Convention related items will be shared with you as they become available.
I would like to apologize for the late notice and hope everyone stays healthy during this crisis. I am available to answer any questions.
District Governor Conrad Dreyer
Welcome to the 2020 District Convention!
Lions, Lioness & Leos from around the District & State will gather at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells Saturday, March 14th and Sunday, March 15th.
- There will be a Candidate Hospitality room on Friday evening (March 13th) for any Lions/Lioness that arrive in the Dells on Friday.
- The Convention will begin at 9 am on Saturday, March 14th with a day of learning, inspiration & celebrating our achievements.
- Saturday evening, plan to enjoy a great meal, games (with prizes!) & entertainment.
- We will wrap up before noon on Sunday, March 15th with breakfast, the District Cabinet Meeting & 2 additional workshops: Member Recruitment and Environmental Projects. Pre-registration for these workshops is appreciated so we can plan accordingly!
- Finally, we are offering all Lions, Lioness and Leos to become certified in Vision Screening. The certification will take place on Friday from 3 to 5 pm. Please indicate if you will be attending the certification on the registration form! If you are unable to attend the District Convention but would like to attend Vision Screening Certification, please use this form to register.
Click Here for the Schedule-At-A-Glance!
Registration is still available, however we can no longer offer meals to registrants. If you choose to register for a meal, availability will be contingent no shows at the convention.
- Lion/Lioness Convention Experience ($90) : Includes registration, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Evening Celebration of Service Dinner and Sunday Continental Breakfast
- Lion/Lioness Lunch Only Registration ($60): Includes registration & Saturday Lunch
- Lion/Lioness Basic Registration ($30): Includes registration only (no meals/beverages)
- Leo Convention Experience ($30): Includes registration & Saturday Luncheon
- District Governor Convention Experience ($70)*: Includes registration, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Evening Celebration of Service Dinner and Sunday Continental Breakfast
*You must be a District Governor/Vice District Governor or a Partner of Service of a District Governor/Vice District Governor in Wisconsin to qualify for this registration type.
Click Here to register online (no credit card necessary)
Click Here to download paper registration form
Registration & Cancellation information
- Registration Deadline: While we do not have a deadline for registration, we would appreciate receiving registrations early to ensure we can accommodate everyone.
- Cancellation Information: Full refunds will be issued if cancellation is made in writing to Convention Registrar at email@example.com by noon on Thursday, March 5th, 2020. No refunds will be issued if cancellation is received after this date or if the registrant is a no show.
Chula Vista Resort - (855) 388-4782
Please call the Chula Vista Resort and tell the reservations department that you are with the District Lions Convention, booking ID #G61315 to receive special room rates starting at $119 (plus tax) available until February 18th (or until the block is full). On this date, any remaining rooms in our block will be released for general reservations at the hotel's prevailing daily rate, which may be higher than this group rate, so please book your overnight accommodations by February 18th.