A Good Archer:
- Does not talk in a loud voice whilst others are shooting.
- Does not talk to another competitor who obviously prefers to be silent.
- Does not make any exclamation on the shooting line that might disconcert a neighbour in the act of shooting.
- Does not go behind the target to retrieve his arrows before his score has been recorded.
- Does not walk up and down the shooting line comparing scores.
- Does not touch anyone else’s equipment without permission.
- Does not leave litter.
- When calling scores does so in groups of three, for example ‘7 - 7 - 5’ pause ‘5 - 5 - 3’.
- If he breaks another’s arrow through his own carelessness, pays for it in cash on the spot.
Thanks the Target Captain at the end of each round for work on his behalf.
The rules of shooting can be downloaded from the Archery GB website