*** Please read the LGBT+ Catholics Westminster Pastoral Council response to the
statement on gender by the Catholic Bishops of England & Wales here (2 pages) ***
Please read the Key Steps introduction to our July 2017 LGBT Pastoral care conference which is now more timely than ever. And in the light of attacks on Pope Francis' pastoral project please consider signing this international petition which is rapidly gaining support - now around 5000 signatures!
Read the Keynote address delivered at our recent national LGBT Pastoral conference held on 24 June 2017 in London
Membership of the European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups
The LGBT Catholics Westminster Pastoral Council, mandated by Cardinal Vincent Nichols to provide pastoral support for LGBT Catholics, parents and families, was welcomed into membership of the European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups on 23 May 2015. The event took place during the European Forum's Annual Conference, held at Merville, France, over Whit-weekend, and attended by some 250 people.
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups is an ecumenical network of some 47 groups throughout Europe, including fast- developing activity in Eastern Europe. The 2nd Catholic pre-conference in the Forum's history was held ahead of the main conference, reflecting the explosion of LGBT support activity in the Church in various European countries.
The Catholic Co-President of the European Forum - Michael Brinkschroeder from Munich, Germany - announced the launch of the Global LGBT Catholic Network. This will take place at a foundational meeting, LGBT Voices to the Synod, to be held in Rome from 1-4 October 2015, the opening weekend of the Catholic Bishops Synod on Marriage & Family, convened by Pope Francis. 12 Catholic LGBT- related groups from Africa, Eastern and Western Europe, Latin America, and the USA ,have worked together to initiate this new alliance of LGBT Catholics, their parents, friends, and allies. Further information will be available shortly from the LGBT Catholics Westminster Pastoral Council.
European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups: www.euroforumlgbtchristians.eu
Martin Pendergast - firstname.lastname@example.org
020 8986 0807
Michael Brinkschroeder - email@example.com
Survey 2014 results
Here is a link to the recent Survey carried out amongst members of our community
You can also check out LGBT Catholics Westminster on Facebook (LGBT Catholics, their families and friends).
If you wish to receive the latest information updates by e-mail, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LATEST Press Statement issued on behalf of the SMPC
THE SOHO MASSES ARE PART OF WESTMINSTER DIOCESE’S PASTORAL PROVISION FOR LGBT CATHOLICS, PARENTS & FAMILIES - refreshments follow each Mass.
Soho Masses Bookstall - If It Wasn't Love: Sex, Death and God, Bernard Lynch tells a story of many people's stories; here for the first time is a truth birthed from fear and oppression and redeemed by love. - Silence Speaks. Robert Nugent SDS tells the story of 4 towering 20th Century Church figures: Teilhard de Chardin SJ, Yves Congar OP, John Courtney Murray SJ, & Thomas Merton OCSO. Orders can be taken for Jesus: An Historical Approximation, Jose Antonio Pagola - See Mark Dowd’s recent Tablet interview with the author.
Links of interest:
- Diversidade Católica - Para que gays vivam sua vocação e dignidade
- de filhos de Deus na Igreja e na sociedade.
- Names Quilt Memorial at Soho Masses
- LGBT Christians appeal to His Holiness Benedict XVI to pay attention to Humans Rights
- Progetto Gionata, The new journey of Christian homosexuals in Italian dioceses (English) (Italiano)
- Revista Brasileiros Article on James Alison
- Time Out (2 Sept issue) included a feature: The Pope’s Visit – Where do you stand?
- BBC Radio 4 (6 Sept 2010) aired a programme, The Roots of English Catholicism
- BBC Radio 4 (9 Sept 2010) aired Mark Dowd’s The Pope’s British Divisions
- The Sunday Times (12 Sept 2010) has published Ruth Gledhill's article Pope attracts condemnation and support from the Catholic gay community(only available by subscriptions)
- BBC Television News aired feature Brendan Callaghan SJ (10 Sept) and Martin Pendergast (14 Sept)
- BBC News Webpage on the Soho Masses
- Dos Manzanas Artículo en español sobre Soho Masses
- BBC Brazil (10 Sept 2010) Igreja Católica de Londres tem "missa gay"
- Croatian article on the Soho Masses
- SMPC - Press Release on the 5th Anniversary of the Soho Masses
- Diocese of Westminster - Press Release on the 5th Anniversary of the Soho Masses
- Statement from the Diocese of Westminster on the Pastoral Care provided at Warwick St
- Letter to the Soho Masses Community from Archbishop V. Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster, which was read out at the 5pm Mass Feast of the Epiphany (6th Jan.) 2013
- Letter from the SMPC Chair to West End Extra newspaper
- One Catholics personal reflection on the Soho Masses
- BBC Inside Out (London) programme from 18th Feb 2013 with a section on the Soho Masses Final Mass