LFC CHARLOTTE REDS CLUB BYLAWS
OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTERS CLUB
CHARLOTTE NC REGION
Name and Objectives
Section 1. Club Name
The name of this club shall be LFC CHARLOTTE REDS. It shall also be known as OLSC CHARLOTTE, LFCCLT and the CHARLOTTE REDS. Moving forward, within this document, the club shall be referred to as LFCCLT.
Section 2. Club Objective
The objective of this club shall be: Organize the local supporters of Liverpool Football Club (may also be referred as Liverpool FC, LFC, the Parent Club) within the Charlotte Mecklenburg metropolitan area and its defined territory, serve as an example of proper and acceptable fan behavior; and engage in any lawful civic or nonprofit activities that further the express purpose of the club.
Section 3. Entity Status
No part of the net earnings of any Club shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to, its directors, officers, members, or other private persons, except that each Club shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of its exempt purposes. Except as otherwise provided by Section 501(h) of the IRS Code, no substantial part of the activities of LFCCLT shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation. No LFCCLT member acting on behalf of LFCCLT shall participate in or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, no member acting on behalf of LFCCLT shall carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by an organization exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(a) of the Code as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Code, or (b) by an organization contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(a) of the Code as being to an organization referred to in Section 170(c)(2) of the Code.
The territorial limits of this club shall be that territory designated as the Greater Charlotte Metropolitan and its surrounding areas. For present purposes, LFCCLT will recognize the “Charlotte Region” as defined by the Charlotte Regional Partnership. The scope may change as determined by the Executive Committee and after conferring with any neighboring OLSC and the Parent Club.
Any member living in the geographic area defined as the Charlotte Region will be considered as eligible for membership to LFCCLT.
LFCCLT will consider associating with groups outside its assigned territory and having those groups join LFCCLT as an Affiliate Group on a case by case basis.
Should LFCCLT agree to affiliate with a group outside its normal territory, the affiliate group must first agree to abide by these Bylaws and report to the Executive Committee.
The members of the Affiliate group will be afforded all the benefits afforded to the benefits of an OLSC with the exception related to positions in Leadership.
Affiliation must be voted upon by the Executive Committee and agreed by a majority.
Section 1. Classes.
All members of LFC CHARLOTTE REDS (LFCCLT) will all be of equal status except in certain situations described herein.
Section 2. Privileges of membership.
All LFCCLT members whose participation meets the requirements set forth in these bylaws, may speak, make motions and vote on all matters except in certain situations described herein.
Only LFCCLT members who are also Official Liverpool FC members in good standing may be elected to or retain office in the Executive Committee. Any Official Liverpool FC member in good standing may serve as a delegate to federation convention, regional conference, or district meeting. Upon becoming a member of LFCCLT, said member must provide their Official Liverpool FC Membership Number to be considered for any aforementioned positions.
Any other benefits available to LFCCLT members will be conveyed to members as they become available and will be disseminated to all members through all available means of communications.
Section 3. Qualifications for membership
Anybody wishing to become a member must do so by meeting each of the following requirements:
- live within the LFCCLT geographic coverage area
- fill out the Membership application
- Pay the yearly membership dues as stated on the payment page.
- Have their membership approved and accepted by LFCCLT
Section 4. Dues, Fees and Assessments
Initial fees must be paid by the applicant before they may be considered a member. Renewal fees will be assessed within the first week of the LFCCLT fiscal year, regardless of the date that the member joined LFCCLT.
Annual Dues and fees will be determined on a year to year basis based upon the needs of LFCCLT for the upcoming year.
Except for extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the Executive Committee, Annual Dues, Renewal Fees, or any other Membership Assessments are only allowed to be modified and made effective at the beginning of the LFCCLT fiscal year.
The fiscal year shall be July 1st through June 30th of each calendar year.
Section 5. Termination of Club Membership
A member may lose their membership and its associated benefits if one or more of the following occur:
- If the member does not pay for renewal of their membership or their automatic payment is not processed, their membership shall be immediately terminated. The member has until the midnight EST of the final day of the month following the date their membership has lapsed to reinstate their membership without a loss of privileges.
- If a member is found to engage in any activities as representatives of LFCCLT that may in any way have a negative impact on the group, membership will come under review by the Executive Committee and may be subject to immediate termination.
- A member is considered a representative of the LFCCLT anytime they publicly wear any Liverpool FC or LFCCLT paraphernalia, engage in discussions regarding Liverpool FC as an identified member of LFCCLT, or participate in any public activity or gathering that is Liverpool FC related whether as a representative of LFCCLT or as an individual.
If a membership is terminated for cause, it will be at the discretion of the Executive Committee if/when the individual may reapply for membership.
Section 1. Elected Officers.
Pursuant to LFC guidelines, the officers of LFCCLT will be known as Chairperson, Co - Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer. The officers of LFCCLT shall collectively be known as the Executive Committee.
Section 2. Leadership Committee
In an effort to aid the Executive Committee with the running and maintenance of LFCCLT, it has been determined that a Leadership Committee be formed. The Leadership Committee shall consist of a 3 - 5 person Panel of longstanding LFCCLT members who are unable to commit the time necessary to be a part of the Executive Committee but whose input are invaluable to LFCCLT. Their duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Review and amendment of the club by-laws as necessary
2. Oversight of Executive Committee activities
3. Tribunal if disciplinary action is needed against a member
Section 3. AUXILIARY COMMITTEES
Auxiliary Committees shall be formed on an as needed basis for the expressed purpose of that committee. All committees that are created must be done so with the approval of the Chairperson and majority vote of the Executive Committee. Once approved, the Auxiliary Committee will be formed of volunteers from within LFCCLT
1. The committee shall perform the duties set forth by the Chairperson or an appropriate Executive Committee member.
2. The formed committee will comply with these bylaws set forth in this document and such other duties as directed by the Chairperson, or as prescribed by the Executive Committee.
3. Depending upon the purpose of the purpose of the Auxiliary Committee, they will report to and be the responsibility of a member of the Executive Committee.
Section 4. Eligibility.
Any member wishes to hold an ELECTED position must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a member in good standing of LFCCLT for a minimum of 12 months, beginning on the day that their application is accepted;
- Must be nominated through the nomination procedure described within these bylaws
- Must be an Official Liverpool FC Member for a minimum of 12 months, must have OLSC Charlotte selected as their affiliate on the Liverpool FC.com website and must be able to provide their membership number and proof of existing membership.
- If Membership lapses while they are in office, the elected official has until the end of the month following their lapse to reinstate their Official Liverpool FC membership or must step down from their position. If this occurs, the rules of succession prescribed in these bylaws shall be followed.
- Must be elected by the members during the LFCCLT election period.
Section 5. Term of Office
Elected officers shall hold office for 1 year(s ) beginning the 1 July, with their last official day being 30 June of the following year or until their successors are elected if they abdicate their position prior to completion of their term. Once their successors are elected, the outgoing officers are expected to provide all materials, aid and knowledge necessary for a smooth transition in leadership. Officers are allowed to run for re-election in perpetuity provided they continue to meet all the requirements to remain a part of the Executive Committee.
Section 6. Removal from Office
Should the officer engage in any activities as representatives of LFCCLT that may in any way have a negative impact on the group, a decision for censure or termination of position will be decided by the other members of the Executive Committee. Furthermore, their membership in LFCCLT will also be reviewed and may also be revoked
Section 7. Vacancy in Office
If a vacancy occurs within any of the positions within the Executive Committee, the Line of Succession will be as Follows: Chairperson, Co-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Should the next person in the Line of Succession does not wish to assume the new position, a special election will be held to the fill the vacancy.
- Normal rules for nominations will be followed.
- A Special Election will be called for by the remaining Executive Committee and all the details of said election will be conveyed to the members of LFCCLT with a minimum of 96 hours’ notice.
Section 8. Duties
Officers shall perform the duties provided within these bylaws and such other duties as prescribed for the offices in the adopted parliamentary authority.
A. Elected Members of Executive Committee are REQUIRED to attend a minimum of one (1) match per calendar month during the season in which they are elected to their position.
- If a member of the Executive Committee is unable to meet this requirement due to extraordinary circumstances, this requirement may be waived by unanimous agreement of the remaining members of the Executive Committee.
- If the Executive Committee member fails to meet this requirement twice within a season and their requirement is not waived by the remaining members of the Committee, said member is required to step down from their position and rules governing Succession of position shall be implemented.
Nominations and Elections
Section 1. Nominations.
Anybody wishing to hold an elected position must state their intent to do so in writing during the nomination period and they must be endorsed by one other member of LFCCLT in writing during the nomination period.
The nomination period will be publicly announced by the Executive Committee and will give LFCCLT members no less than 96 hours to declare their intention to seek a position in Leadership.
Section 2. Election.
The voting period will be determined by the Executive Committee. Elections will be held via secret ballot and its results will be tabulated and announced by the current Executive Committee on the final match day of the Premier League season.
Section 1. Regular meetings
Unless otherwise ordered by the club, regular meetings will be held on the first weekend of the month on Liverpool FC’s match day at the meeting location for LFCCLT, unless otherwise noted. LFCCLT shall hold a minimum of one meeting each other month except during regularly scheduled vacation periods of the club. The time the meeting is to be called will depend upon Liverpool FC’s match that weekend.
Section 2. Executive Committee meetings
Executive committee meeting will be determined by the Executive Committee to be held at a date and time that that is acceptable to a majority of its members.
Section 3. Special meetings
Special meetings may be called by the Chairperson and shall be called upon the written request of at least __3__ active members of the club. At least __96___ hours’ notice (personal, written, or telephoned) shall be given each member. The business to be transacted at any special meeting shall be limited to the reason for said meeting.
Section 4. Annual General Meeting
As is required by the Parent club, there will be one final meeting after the end of the season that shall be considered as the Annual General Meeting. The purpose of the meeting will be to receive the reports of officers, board of directors, and committees and for any other business that may arise. It is at this meeting that the results of the elections will be announced, and any open business will be concluded..
Section 5. Quorum
For meetings of the Executive Committee, a minimum of three Committee members must be present to make a quorum. All other meetings require a minimum of five members to make a quorum
The Executive Committee holds the right to make changes to these bylaws if it is determined it is in the best interest of the club. Changes to the bylaws must be conveyed to the members of LFCCLT.
- Any proposed amendments must be discussed in an open special meeting called if one is called for in accordance to Article VI, Section 3 of these bylaws.
a. If, after the meeting, a vote is deemed necessary, amendments to these bylaws are subject to a vote by all Official Liverpool FC members with a simple majority required to effect such changes.
The rules contained in the current edition The Official Liverpool FC Supporters Club Policy shall be the parliamentary authority for all matters not specifically covered in these bylaws and standing rules,
Upon the dissolution of LFCCLT, its governing body shall, after paying or making provisions for the payment of all of the liabilities of LFCCLT, dispose of all the assets of LFCCLT exclusively for the exempt purposes of LFCCLT in such manner, or to such organization or organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes which at the time qualify as exempt organization or organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Code, as LFCCLT Executive Committee shall determine. Any assets not so distributed shall be distributed by a court of competent jurisdiction of the county in which the Club’s principal office is then located exclusively for the Club’s exempt purposes. The use of any surplus funds for private inurement to any person in the event of a sale of the assets or dissolution of the corporation is expressly prohibited.
(Prepared from the Sample Format for Converting Club Procedures to Bylaws by Kay Scheld PRP, July 1998 – revised by Leigh Wintz, PRP, October 2002)