LETHBRIDGE PICKLEBALL LEAGUE
The Lethbridge Pickleball League (LPL) is a sport league for the enjoyment and development of pickleball in Lethbridge and region. LPL was granted registered society status by the Alberta government on June 27, 2017. We plan to accomplish our mandate by offering organized recreational and competitive play, by ensuring opportunities for the continued development of players in an inclusive and sportsmanlike environment, and by supporting the development of pickleball facilities in the City.
Currently we have organized, open pickleball scheduled Monday to Friday and occasionally on weekends. We enjoy meeting and playing with visiting pickleball players, so join us if you're in town. The scheduled open play times almost always have adequate numbers of players. You do not have to be signed up for open play - you can just show up. Game balls will be provided but players should have their own paddle (although there are a few spare paddles on hand to be borrowed for the day’s play).
OUTDOOR PLAY (approximately April to October):
- Monday to Friday at Legacy Regional Park. Scheduled play beginning at 8:45 a.m. for set up; round robins commencing at 9:00 a.m.
- The Legacy Park pickleball courts are located at 400 Blackwolf Boulevard North. (The six dedicated pickleball courts are located on the north end of the Park along Blackwolf Boulevard N. about half-way between 13th Street N. and Uplands Boulevard N.) There's ample parking in the adjacent parking lot and washroom facilities are relatively close by in the 'Group Picnic Shelter & Washroom' area. Linked here is the park plan.
[PLEASE NOTE that outdoor League play was formerly at Kinsmen Park located at 1009-9th Avenue South, Lethbridge, AB. but outdoor play moved to Legacy Park as of Thursday, July 26/2018. The League also was temporarily relocated back to Kinsmen during reconstruction at Legacy from April 30/2019 to May 24/2019. Painted pickleball court lines remain at Kinsmen but players must bring their own equipment, including nets, to play. ]
Non-members are welcome to play during League sessions provided they agree to abide by the Code of Conduct as established by the League and sign the League’s informed consent form prior to play. There is a drop-in fee of $2.00 for non-members. The fee may be collected by any current LPL member available at the time of play (identifiable by their blue membership shoe tag).
For more information about the Lethbridge Pickleball League please contact Rob Anderson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries or to provide edits, comments, etc. about the website please send an email to: email@example.com
>> INDOOR PLAY is provided by the following two organizations:
1. Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization (LSCO) [500-11 Street S., Lethbridge, AB]
- For scheduled court time, please consult the LSCO Sports webpage at: http://lethseniors.com/programs/sports
2. Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre [74 Mauretania Road W., Lethbridge, AB T1J 5A8]
- For Drop-in play, please consult the YMCA Cor Van Raay Gym Schedule at: https://lethbridgeymca.ca/cor-van-raay-ymca-gym-schedule/