Lena Ildiko VINCZE N., Dip GWP
Therapist, Groupwork Practitioner, Mentor
Welcome to my site!
I have been a Therapist, Groupwork Pracitioner and Mentor in Brussels, Belgium since 2010. People who have worked with me, typically made progress in the following fields:
- no relationship at all, or only short and unstable ones;
- wish to change the dynamics of the relationship;
- wish to end unsatisfying or abusive relationship and to start a new, stable one;
- couple with serious relationship problems after having 1 or 2 or more children;
- having a third one while being in a committed relationship - having a lover or the partner having a lover;
- not being able to decide which potential partner to choose;
- not finding a suitable partner, despite everything looks good on me and people want to flirt with me;
- I am always a third in a relationship, I feel like it’s never “my turn”;
"My partner has problems":
- my partner has depression;
- my partner cannot accept my mother/family;
- with alcohol.
- being unemployed;
- working for minimum wage;
- wish to step up in career, to receive a pay raise or promotion;
- fear of public speaking, despite work would require it;
- I have a good position but it’s empty, I don’t feel really useful;
- "I am not happy with my job (despite my salary), but I don’t know what I would really like to do. Also I don’t think I could make this much money with anything else" (which is a common fantasy and not always true);
- I do my job well, but I don’t like it, I think I deserve better.
Having a baby/children:
- no satisfying relationship but crave for having a baby;
- difficulty with conceiving;
- not wanting a baby yet, but running out of time;
- going through egg-freezing or IVF treatment;
- previous still birth or premature deliveries and desire to deliver baby well and on time;
- having a child with special needs in the family;
- child having problems in school;
- being a step-parent is difficult.
Issues with the wider family:
- complications with mother-in-law or father-in-law;
- feeling guilty in the relationship with them;
- my parent(s) want to live with us but it is not working for us;
- we want our parents to live with us but they don’t want to and we are worried about them living alone;
- we would like our parents/brothers/sisters to help us but they are not interested;
- death of parents or close family member, or of a beloved pet.
Overall satisfaction with life:
- feeling lonely and isolated;
- (not severe) suicidal fantasies (in case it is acute, please do contact a psychiatrist as soon as possible);
- cursing unexplainably;
- not feeling at home in Belgium, wanting to go back to my home country;
- I am here, but I rather be somewhere else;
- "the Belgians are stupid”, I don’t want to do anything with them - but I feel isolated here, even if my life looks busy socially.
- obsessions (sexual, drug, medication, sport, career etc.);
- I know I have problems but nothing helped so far I tried.
Most of these problems can be especially well addressed in a group, but working in group is not for everyone. It requires a personality which is strong enough to deal with the pressure of the group, and a certain robustness to not loose oneself in it. It is often an advanced level of work, succeeding the resolution of a number of individual problems first.
Life is full of ups and downs - it is hard to imagine a person without ever having a single problem. It is part of life and it is normal. If you recognise yourself in it, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or a colleague. We, people profoundly need each other, and many of life's difficulties can be much easier and sooner resolved with an expert's help - while lots of them can't ever be solved alone.
I hope to meet you!
Lena Ildikó Vincze