Are you Ready for Online & Blended Teaching?
In this module we will look back at what we've learned in the preceding six modules. You will have an opportunity to assess your readiness for quality online teaching. You will reflect on your areas of strength and areas for growth relative to the iNACOL Standards for Quality Online Teaching.
Additionally, there are four roles the online/blended teacher must understand in order to successfully coach students in an online environment: the instructor, social director, program manager, and technical assistant. In this module you will become familiar with these four roles and develop a plan to gain or strengthen your skills.
The online syllabus is the foundation for your online/blended course. The syllabus is a roadmap for student success. It provides students with course and technical information. In this module you will develop a syllabus for an online or blended course.
In this module, participants will:
- Assess teacher readiness for online learning and teaching.
- Understand the changing role of the online teacher to an online coach.
- Understand the essential elements in development of an online syllabus.
- Reflect on the journey through this course via iNACOL Blended Teacher Competency Framework or iNACOL Standards for the Quality Online Teacher.
- 7.1 Discussion: Four Roles of the Online & Blended Teacher
- 7.2 Portfolio Assignment: Online Course Syllabus
- 7.3 Reflection: iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework or iNACOL National Standards for Quality Online Teaching