Online Assessment & Evaluation
Online and blended learning presents several unique opportunities for integrating content with 21st century skills. Combined with the fundamental practices of high-quality instruction, the online environment can produce academic results that are equal or better than traditional classroom instruction. In particular, assessments in online and blended environments present teachers and learners with new ways to chart student growth and demonstrate mastery. This module will highlight several differences and similarities between online, blended, and face-to-face assessment strategies as well as demonstrate a variety of tools that can be used for delivering effective formative and summative assessments.
In this Module, participants will:
- Differentiate and identify the similarities and differences between successful online and face-to-face assessments.
- Understand the rationale behind creating and implementing assessments in online learning environments.
- Identify and review components of formative assessments.
- Review and demonstrate effective and authentic use of grading rubrics.
- Develop and deliver assessments, projects, and assignments that meet standards-based learning goals and assess learning progress by measuring student achievement of learning goals.
- 6.1 Discussion: Formative Assessment & Teacher Feedback
- 6.2 Portfolio Assignment: Designing A Comprehensive Assessment Plan
- 6.3 Reflection: Technology and Assessment
- Performance-based Assessment
- Authentic Assessment
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Formative Assessment
Summative Assessment let's see how well you know vocabulary related to assessment in an online/blended classroom.