Books and other Print Resources
Tucker, Catlin R. Blended learning in grades 4-12: leveraging the power of technology to create student-centered classrooms. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2012. Print.
Tucker, Catlin R. Blended Learning in Action: A practical guide toward sustainable change. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2013. Print.
Discussion Strategies to Use with Students
From Collaborize Classroom: Six Discussion Strategy Posters to Use with Students
Examples of student discussion prompts: New York Times Student Opinion section at http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/category/student-opinion/
- EdTech Leaders Online: Rubric with 7 categories http://www.edtechleaders.org/documents/disc_expectations.htm
- Asynchronous discussion rubric from University of Delaware http://www.udel.edu/janet/MARC2006/rubric.html
- University of Missouri basic and detailed rubrics http://etatmo.missouri.edu/toolbox/doconline/discussionrubric.php
- Restine, K. (2008, May 9). Teach the Discussion Board. Retrieved from Connexions http://cnx.org/content/m16215/1.1/
Social Media Tools
Published on Mar 5, 2008
A quick and plain English intro the micro-blogging service Twitter.
This video introduces the Twitter service. It focuses on Twitter's ability to connect people in new ways, using short messages and includes:
• Why answers to the question "what are you doing" are interesting
• The mechanics of Twitter - signing up, sharing and reading messages
• How a skeptical person fell in love with Twitter