Module 2 Assignments
2.1 Discussion: Accessibility of Current Materials
Reflect on your learning and practice regarding Accessibility.
- How accessible are your current instructional materials?
- Are there elements of your instructional materials that could be revised to make them more accessible?
- Please share any resources you know or use to make your curriculum and course accessible.
2.2 Portfolio Assignment: Establishing an Accessible Social Presence
Establishing an Accessible Social Presence: For this portfolio assignment, you are to create a video or screencast that can be used in your educational setting. This could include welcoming new students to your online course, introducing them to a new learning unit, or another area related to your practice. The video should be a maximum of 3-5 minutes in length. The video tutorial on installing the Firefox Extension is an excellent example of a short video that (1) includes captions, and (2) provides a transcript.
Make sure your video: Is captioned and includes a downloadable transcript.
After you have created your video or screen cast, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo. Then share the video link with your online instructor by submitting to the area of the LMS indicated by your Instructor (embed, dropbox, Wiki Space, or other). Please make sure your video is public or at least viewable by your instructor.
2.2 Portfolio Assignment Rubric: Establishing an Accessible Social Presence
2.3 Reflection: Establishing an Accessible Social Presence
All reflection assignments should show a thoughtful consideration of the topic. Reflections are expected to be written in standard English, and are typically 300-500 words in length. Reflections may include hyperlinks to outside resources, embedded Web 2.0 tools from this course, and/or properly cited images. Write a post responding to the following:
- Based on your focus for this course, blended learning or online learning, respond to one of the two prompts below. (Maintain this focus throughout the course in your reflection responses.)
- “Reflecting on your work in this module, how has it strengthened your skills in one or more of the Blended Learning Teacher Competencies? Specifically cite the Domain(s), Competency(ies) and Standard(s). OR: “Reflecting on your work in this module, how has it strengthened your skills in one or more of the iNACOL Standards for Quality Online Teaching? Specifically cite the Standard(s) and Teacher Abilities. Reminder: You are to choose ONE focus of reflection for this course, blended learning OR online learning, and maintain this focus throughout the course in your reflection responses.