The Purpose of the LEA Scholarship is to invest in the higher education of Longview School District seniors who have intentions of entering an educational field. Each year, the LEA will offer, and may award, up to three scholarships of $1,500 each. Scholarships will be awarded to the most qualified applicants.
- Applicant must be a senior at a Longview School District high school who is planning to enter an education related profession.
- Applicant must complete the scholarship application by the deadline of April 15.
Criteria and Selection
In making their decision, the committee members will give points based on the following weighted categories:
- Experience with children/teens (20%)
- Leadership related experience (20%)
- Transcript (10%)
- Personal statement essay (15%)
- Personal educational reflection (15%)
- Recommendations (20%)
Scholarships will be awarded to the highest scoring applicants. Applications that do not include supervision contact information for experiences with children and teens or experiences in leadership will not be considered. Essays that are not written using academic language or appropriate grammar will also not be considered.
- You must be logged in to a Google account in order to complete this application.
- Please preview the application so that you can organize your experience with youth, leadership experiences, and essays. The application cannot be saved. It can be edited immediately after submission, but cannot be saved.
- Be complete. We must have contact information for supervisors (not family members). Contact information should include: contact name, email address (preferred), and phone number. Applications that do not have supervisor contact information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing your story!