I'm an urban planner and community engagement specialist fascinated with people processes and human potential.
I empower stakeholders and promote useful input for land use planning, community design, and organizational development through careful process design and facilitation. I use empathy, mindfulness, visualizations, and diverse learning modalities to help people work together toward a common goal.
Facilitator, Trainer, Coach
- Facilitated more than 40 professional and community advisory committee meetings for 7 various park, trail, greenway and blueway planning projects in Colorado and NYC.
- Coached and advised NYC CBOs through their fundraising of over $10 million from elected officials for playground reconstructions in Bronx and Queens.
- Trained more than 60 NYC Parks employees in meeting facilitation, public engagement and input gathering techniques.
- Trained more than 120 NYC community leaders throughout the five boroughs in community visioning and public engagement.
- Trained New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park employees in team & partner collaboration techniques.
- Led organizational development workshops for various community coalitions advocating for parks and green spaces in Colorado and NYC.
- Co-led the collaborative planning of the Jamaica Bay Greenway with RPA, NPS, NYC Parks, NYC DOT, and JBG Coalition. Led reporting on a $250,000 FTA planning grant. Secured over $2 million in construction grants. 2011-2014.
- Created and managed the People Make Parks (PMP) Program at Partnerships for Parks, which trains and assists community based organizations to lead collaborative community visioning and park planning projects. 2014-2017.
- Led the Technical Assistance Program at Partnerships for Parks, which provides capacity building resources to community park groups so they can grow and sustain their stewardship and activation of NYC parks. 2017-2018.
- Led the National Park Service's In My Back Yard national action team. 2012-2014.
- Pratt Institute, Placemaking for Peacebuilding course, 2017. NY.
- Avenues The World School, 2016 & 2017. New York, NY.
- NRPA Park Advocacy Summit, 2017. New Orleans, LA.
- NRPA National Conference, 2016. St. Louis, MO.
- Greenbelt Conservancy Greening the Globe Symposium, 2016. Staten Island, NY.
- Partnerships for Parks Conference, 2015. New York, NY.
- AIA NY & NYCDOHMH FitCity10, 2015. New York, NY.
- National Park Service RTCA National Gathering, 2009. Harpers Ferry, WV.
- American Institute of Certified Planners, 2016
- Healing Leaders Facilitation, 2010
- The Grove Graphic Facilitation, 2008
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2006
- Master of Urban & Regional Planning, University of Colorado at Denver, 2010
- Process design
- Strategic planning
- Participatory planning
- Project management
- Organizational development
- Community engagement
- Public speaking
- Program management
- Environmental planning