upcoming events & meetings
announcements (from weekly email on 1.9.18)
Human Services Homework: If you haven’t registered for the Human Services Homework activities, make sure to take care of that ASAP! Some of our interactive sessions have RSVP deadlines in the next week. You can find the Human Services homework on the LD Classroom Portal.
LD Class Project: The project committee is working to finalize project plans with the MLK Community Center, but is working in the meantime to raise the funds to make the project happen. Check out an update from the committee below:
- Fundraising for the LD Class Project: We are well on our way to reaching our goal for the LD Class Project, but we still need your help! If you are interested in donating to the class project, you can visit www.dallaschamber.org/LDclassproject and/or check out the attached flyer. Online Donations start at $10 and are easy to complete. Please reach out if you have any questions!
- Financial Donations Update: As of today, your class has raised $26,500 of the $65,000 goal! Wow! Great job!
- Class Participation: One of the Project Committee’s goals is to have 100% participation from the class in donations. What does that mean? They are asking that every person make a personal and/or corporate donation to the class project. Currently, we are at 20% participation in Class Project Donations!
Social Committee: The Social Committee has a bunch of fun opportunities to connect with your classmates! See upcoming events below:
- January Lunch Bunch ‒ HANGRY?! Join us for lunch at Angry Dog (2726 Commerce St., Dallas, Texas 75226) at 12:00 noon on Thursday, January 17. Please RSVP to Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karaoke Night – Save the date! You won’t want to miss this. Karaoke Night on Thursday, March 7. More details later.
- Future Lunch Bunch dates – In case you want to go ahead and mark your calendars, the remaining Lunch Bunch dates are: February 15, March 22, April 19, and May 17.