Long's Chapel Adventure Club 2017
We hope you will join the Long's Chapel Adventure Club as we play, fellowship, and grow in relationship together in God's beautiful creation! Participants will have the option to bring their own or rent equipment for most activities. Participants are expected to provide their own transportation/carpool arrangements. Families of all ages are encouraged to attend too!
Questions: Contact Carrie Carpenter at email@example.com or 828-456-3993 ext. 37.
May 6: Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Greenville/Traveler's Rest, SC.
- 10am meeting location: Swamp Rabbit Trail Bike Shop. 205 Cedar Lane Rd, Greenville, SC 29601
- Bike Ride or Walk
- Difficulty level: easy, flat, and beautiful (plus restaurants and shops along the trail.)
- Register by April 30 . CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Bike Rentals available or bring your own bike.
June 3: Tuckasegee River
- Dillsboro/Whittier, NC
- 10am meeting time at Tuckasegee Outfitters: 4909 US-74, Whittier, NC 2878
- Difficulty level: varies, option for whitewater class I-II+.
- Register by May 28. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Bring your kayak (must be able to handle class II whitewater) or rent a raft, inflatable ducky, or river tube)
- To book a raft, inflatable kayak, or tube trip, please contact Tuckasegee Outfitters. (Note: Their opening day is May 1).
August 5: Chasing Waterfalls at DuPont Recreational State Forest
- Cedar Mountain, NC.
- 10am meeting time at Hooker Falls parking area. Click here for Google Map
- Take a hike, bring your camera to take photos, and there will be an option to swim.
- Bring a picnic lunch!
- Difficulty level: easy with options for more difficult hikes. Mountain biking option available for those who bring their own bikes.
- Note: Bikers, we will head up to the Lake Imaging Parking Lot after lunch to do the loop which includes Ridgeline Trail.
- Register by July 30. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
September 9: Bent Creek Mountain Bike or Hike.
- Bent Creek Experimental Forest (near Asheville)
- Intro to Bent Creek Mountain Biking or hiking.
- This is a beginner level Mountain Bike ride. We will meet at the Ledford Branch Trailhead and travel on dirt roads as well as the Explorer and Pine Tree Loops. There is some climbing and downhills but we will take our time.
- Bike rentals available. Click here for rentals. (you will be responsible for transporting rental to and from Bent Creek.)
- Hikers are also welcome on the same route!
- Register by September 2. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER