Welcome to Laurier/NLC-East Strike HQ!
Some photos from the one-day strike on December 4:
A few pictures from our Information Pickets:
Phase 1 Strike Rules
From OSSTF TTBU on November 26...
Members shall NOT:
Participate in EQAO preparation or testing
- This rule applies to both the OSSLT and Math tests
- Members will continue to assist in the preparation of students (teaching, assemblies, extra help, etc)
- Members will not engage in any administrative tasks related to getting ready for or implementing the test (not packaging, photocopying, distribution, collection, etc).
- Members will not implement the tests
Complete Ministry of Education Reports
- data will be shared with the Board but reports will not completed or submitted
- This rule applies to all Ministry data collection reports including Student Success, UPHS and SHSM
- It does NOT apply to SHSM or UPHS application processes
Participate in board PA/PD (ministry or board topics)
- The only PD/PA Members will engage in is that which is self-directed and which is not organized, offered, required by the TDSB
- Members will not attend PA/PD related to any Board program
- Members will not attend PA/PD related to any Ministry initiative
- Members will not attend PLC’s
- Members will not participate in DLL PD
- Members will not participate in NAC10 PD
- Will not participate in SHSM PD
- Will not participate in UPHS PD
- Will not participate in Google Camp, SWSH, Eureka, etc.
- Members will not participate in SIP and/or related activities
- Members will not attend/participate in PA/PD during staff meetings
- Members will engage in self-directed PD.
Participate in unpaid staff meetings outside the scheduled school day
- This rule includes POR Meetings and Department Meetings
Provide comments on any secondary provincial report cards
- Members will add “No comment is available at this time.” to comment fields.
- Teachers of DD students who only provide comments will continue to do so.
Perform the work of another bargaining unit
- This does not include student environment club or eco schools collection of recycling
What we are not striking, and will continue as normal unless otherwise notified:
- Coverage and supervision
- TPAs - All aspects of the TPA process continue during this strike
- Parent Teacher interviews, voluntary participation in Grade 8 Parent Night, Curriculum Night
- IEPs - All aspects of IEPs continue
- Centrally Assigned Members whose job it is to prepare PD will continue to do so, but will not expect OSSTF Members to attend
- POR Model Committee meetings
- Report cards for DD students
- Voluntary participation in entrance tests for specialized programs
- Members may continue to participate in PD required to fulfil NTIP requirements or to support their TPA Improvement Plan
- Student programs
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Teaching and related duties other than as above
- For TDSS:
- Ministry monitoring meetings
- Agency meetings