The Big News
- LASA is live on AmazonSmile! Begin at this link every time you make a purchase and Amazon will give LASA 0.5% back at no cost to you! Tell friends and family, too - anyone can shop to support our school from anywhere.
- Proceed immediately to bit.ly/LAride2Give to book your bike for our inspiring May 5th fundraiser at Cyclebar! With great participation LA can earn $1,000. Full details are in the flyer below.
- Teacher Appreciation Week will begin May 8th - watch for our fun new appreciation fundraiser where your nominations will win one teacher a trip to Granby Ranch!
- Thank you to all who attended Dudes and Donuts to learn about the new LAFS volunteer program. We appreciate your input, and the sign-up has launched! Special thanks to LASA Co-Pres Nate Osborne for heading this initiative.
- In March, 83 families volunteered 512 hours at LA. You are making our school a better place!
- LASA's Treasurer and Technology Guru are hard at work on amazing innovations that will make registration, school store, and donating and fundraising SO much easier for all!
- Edward Lush and Davidson Jensen have stepped up to take LASA board roles next year. We salute you for answering the call to service! We are still in search of an Assistant Fundraiser, Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, and Communications Officer; please consider this opportunity to serve the whole LA community with them (and remember, if it seems like a lot you can share the job with a friend).
- LASA continues to provide technology updates for LA each and every year, thanks to your support of our fundraising efforts!
- If you are a chair or coordinator, please drop a quick note to LASAVIPS@gmail.com about whether you plan to continue in your role next academic year.
- This year is not over yet - please show your teacher some love by checking their Giving Tree wish list to see what is still needed in the final quarter.
- Please remember to buy out your volunteer hours if you aren't going to make it to the 20 required by our charter. Email LASAVIPS@gmail.com for next steps.
- Keep using those free reloadable King Soopers cards, including to buy gas! LA has earned $7,088 through this program so far this year.
- LASA coordinates all volunteering and raises the funds vital to filling the budget shortfalls faced by all public schools, and must have a full board in order to continue to do so. For info on the open positions, email LASAVIPS@gmail.com and see descriptions on the LASA website.
- LASA must raise $90,000 per academic year in order to support our teachers and students. This year LA has earned $36,000 from the Run4Funds, $15,000 from other fundraisers, and $19,500 from the Family Giving Campaign. We need at least $150 per family per year from the Family Giving Campaign, and we still have $20,000 to go to meet that goal for the 2017-2018 school year; just over half of families have already donated.
- This year's LASA Lowdown newsletters, available at the top of this page, have been chock-full of information about our fundraising goals and where that money goes, and we strongly encourage everyone to attend LASA meetings to hear more about our budget, the needs of our teachers and students, and our fundraising efforts.
LASA meets the second Wednesday of every month and attending counts toward your volunteer hours. Every LA parent is automatically a voting member of LASA, and decisions supporting the students are made at every meeting based on your votes! Please join us May 9th at 6 pm. Please note that LASA will also be holding our annual budget meeting at 5:30 pm on April 18th.