LASA, our school's parent association, is excited for another year fulfilling the three pillars of our mission: building a sense of community, coordinating volunteers, and raising funds - all to support the students at Littleton Academy.
Congratulations to Tripper Allen, Jennifer Rieks, and Nancy Ibarra, who all won skip-the-line carpool passes for first quarter in our drawing for those who have already contributed to the Family Giving Campaign for 2018-2019! Enjoy all your extra time not in line!
- Thank you to all who attended the Back to School Splash at Pirate's Cove! It was unanimous that it was an absolute blast, and it is in the works again for next summer. Our only regret is that both food trucks were no-shows in spite of multiple confirmations. We apologize for any inconvenience and won't be going that route again!
- Thanks to your support of LASA we were able to assist the school's 1:1 Chromebooks initiative with a check for $27,500. It nearly cleaned out our reserves, but it's so, so important for our students. A local Eagle Scout is building custom shelves, and with your continued support of the initiative, all students will start the year with cutting-edge technology!
- LASA was able to buy out remaining items on teachers' Giving Tree wish lists and the needed books for the library over the summer thanks to your support last year.
- Thanks for using AmazonSmile, which gives LA 0.5% back at no cost to you - this will really add up this year!
- We can't wait to see you at Meet the Teacher August 16th from 3:30-5 pm. Please plan to pay your LASA fees (in addition to the school’s required fees) then if not before: online checkout is available! LASA is collecting the following on behalf of the school community:
- your Family Giving Campaign donation, which keeps fundraising activities to a minimum. We are requesting at least $185 per family per year (monthly payments are available). Pay on/by Aug. 16 and be entered in the raffle to win the famous Skip-the-Line Carpool Passes! Donate more and be entered more, too.
- $15 classroom party fees for elementary students and $24 for middle school students, which pay for community-building events and activities put on by teachers and room parents throughout the year.
LASA can also:
- collect your donation to the 1:1 Chromebooks technology initiative
- help you buy out your 20 required volunteer hours if you would rather contribute than work some or all of them this year
- get you a King Soopers fundraising card: reload this reusable gift card to pay for groceries and King Soopers will give LA 5% back at no cost to you! This is an extremely productive but low-effort fundraiser.
Bring checks on August 16th or visit LASA’s Back to School Marketplace.
- Remember our biggest fundraiser of the year, Ready, Set, Glow, will be on September 28th at Goodson Rec Center.
- LASA is in search of an Assistant Events Coordinator to help organize restaurant nights, contests, spirit apparel, teacher appreciation nominations, etc. Effort is 5-10 hours a month.
- LASA is also in search of an Assistant Treasurer. Training provided, effort 5-10 hours a month.
- You: loves pajamas, books, and cookies. LA: needs a book fair coordinator for our new shorter (but sweeter) Scholastic book fair in November. Is it a match? Email LASAVIPS@gmail.com for more info.
- We will hit the ground running needing volunteers at lunch, carpool, and Littleton Academy Fathers (LAFS). Remember to check our central volunteer opportunities page regularly, and fill out this year's volunteer interests form!
- The StreetSmarts fundraiser at Southglenn is back - start saving your receipts!
- LASA plans fun events and coordinates volunteers for all K-8 students but doesn't have a middle school parent representative. Please consider attending meetings and sharing your thoughts - we've love to hear from you!
LASA meets the second Wednesday of every month and attending counts toward your volunteer hours. Every LA parent is automatically a voting member of LASA, and decisions supporting the students are made at every meeting based on your votes! Please join us September 12th at 6 pm in the school's conference room.