Interfaces in extreme value theory
Two day workshop at Lancaster University: 9-10 September 2019
About the workshop
The aim of this workshop is to foster discussions around the interfaces of probabilistic theory, statistical methodology and substantial applications in extreme value theory. The first day will consist of talks and discussions on the theory-methodology interface, while on the second day the focus will be the interface of methodology and applications.
This two day workshop will be followed on 11th September by a one day event on extreme ocean wave phenomena, organized by Philip Jonathan.
- Raphaël de Fondeville, EPFL
- Cees de Valk, KNMI
- Emma Eastoe, Lancaster University
- Phil Jonathan / David Randell, Shell
- Claudia Neves, University of Reading
- Paul Northrop, University College London
- Ioannis Papastathopoulos, University of Edinburgh
- Kirstin Strokorb, Cardiff University
- Jonathan Tawn, Lancaster University
- Hugo Winter, EDF
The workshop is free to attend, but registration is required as spaces are limited.
Update: we are close to maximum numbers. To check if there are any spaces, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.