Lacy's Piano Explorers
I teach Online Piano Lessons for every age! I start children early and we work on important skills such as learning our solfege, ear training, theory, history, sight reading and of course playing! Each aspect of music is important and I teach it in a well rounded way. Whether your child learns best by playing games, or they like to listen to music a bit more, I have many innovative ways of teaching! Contact me and ask me how!
1. Music is Science
2. Music is Mathematical
3. Music is a Foreign Language
4. Music is History
5. Music is Physical Education
6. Music develops insight and demands research
7. Music is all these things, but most of all,
Music is Art.
That is why we teach music:
Not because we expect you to major in music...
Not because we expect you to play all your life...
But so you will be human...
So you will recognize beauty...
So you will be closer to an infinite beyond this world...
So you will have something to cling to...
So you will have more love, more compassion, more gentleness, more good ---
In short, more LIFE.
What You Will Learn Here
- A study of technique (how to sit and relax playing the piano)
- Theory (The math part or reading. The written language.)
- Aural Skills (otherwise known as ear training. Hearing the distance between notes and identifying patterns.)
- History (Composers, instruments, eras, etc. Overall understanding of history leads to better muscianship as you play in the correct style for that time.)
- Piano of course. All of this is part of the big picture which is getting you to play. We make goals, we accomplish them, we repeat. Overall we teach the students to teach themselves so that they can be lifelong learners.