Spanish Conversation Group
Non La Causerie Conversation Groups
- Kansas City Spanish Conversation Group: http://spanish.meetup.com/73/
- Communiversity at UMKC organizes five conversation groups in ‘our’ languages. Those without Internet access can call UMKC to have a Communiversity brochure mailed to them. Or search their online schedule at http://web1.umkc.edu/commu/ using these keywords to find an appropriate group: parlez, paris, mesa, mexico, italy.
If you know of other conversation groups you would recommend to classmates, email firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll publish add the information here. Please indicate the language level you suggest related to each item
"Mesa Espanol" to the list of Spanish Conversation groups on the wiki? You can see their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/MesaEspanol/
Here is their current info: "The Mesa Espanol is meeting on the second and fourth Sundays of the month for this Fall of 2015. All are welcome who want to enjoy practicing and using their Spanish.
We meet from around 4:30 to 6:00, but no need to show up right at 4:30. This is very casual. The place is at the Westport Coffee House, 4010 Pennsylvania -- you will find us in the conference room at the back.
Que vengas para charlar sobre qualquier tema - peliculas, cultura, idioma, pasatiempos... lo que te gusta. Come to talk about whatever - movies, culture, language, hobbies - lo que sea!
You can google all of these cities and find information about them.
1 Guanajuato, Mexico. This is a very beautiful city. Five of us attended Adelita. If you go there find a place to stay within walking distance of the school. There is another school there. You can check with Kathy Marincel about it. http://www.learnspanishadelita.com/index.htm
2. Cuernavaca , Mexico this is a bigger City but I have attended this one several times and I like it very much. The teachers are wonderful and the accommodations are also great if you stay at Rosita's place. Several La causerie students are going there in February.
3. Oaxaca. I have not been there but it is reputed to be one of the most beautiful cities in Mexico and I have wanted to go there for a long time. Tasha who was at our program recommended the Instituto Cultural. The Spanish School Association of Oaxaca recommends it along with four others.
4. San Jose Costa Rica . The Costa Rica Language Academy. we had a very presentation on this at our program. Below is the website:
Finally a foreign language school in Minnesota conducts immersion classes in many languages. We ran out of time at the program to discuss this one, but some of our La Causerie students have been there. Jay Berneking has ben there and you can ask him about it