KOLOUR IN THE PARK VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Volunteering at Kolour In The Park Festival is an opportunity to get some excellent hands on experience in the festival and music industry, and to have a fantastic time immersing yourself in a diverse culture.
As a Kolour In The Park Festival volunteer, you are part of a big and wonderful team that works together to create an amazing music event! Desirable candidates are clear and consistent communicators with a positive attitude and a passion for music. You will be using your creativity, critical thinking and social skills working in various departments during the event.
We use the following guidelines in an effort to make your experience a positive one.
AS A VOLUNTEER, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT:
- To be identified as a volunteer and to be treated as a co-worker;
- To feel comfortable with tasks assigned to you and to apply for a change in volunteer positions; if valid reasons are presented
- To know what is expected of you and to take part in planning
- To be recognized for your contributions to the Kolour In The Park music festival
AS A VOLUNTEER, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Work experience
- Being an important part of the magic that is KITP!
- The opportunity to be part of a community and make new friends
- A Festival Wristband granting access to the designated backstage areas & festival site for the entire DAY!
- Entry to the Festival Site one -two days prior to gates opening, in order to participate in team orientation includes complimentary supper that evening
- Meal during the shift you are assigned to
- A crew T-shirt
- Access to the After Party from 12:00 am till 5:00 am
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM VOLUNTEERS?
- Smile and have fun
- Do your job to the best of your ability
- Participate in orientation events and meetings hosted by Kolour
- Show up on time for meetings and scheduled shifts
- Contribute a minimum of 16 hours over the time of festival including pre and post festival preparations in order to receive the above listed benefits
- Wear your crew t-shirt all the time
- Adhere to the Kolour Festival Standards of Conduct (see below)
- Notify your coordinator as soon as possible if you are unable to attend or carry out your assigned duties
- Complete the volunteer survey which will be emailed to you post festival
VOLUNTEER STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
- Fulfill all my volunteer duties and responsibilities
- Be a responsible represent the Festival in a positive way
- Treat other volunteers, performers, staff, and the public with respect; if a problem arises, resolution should be deferred to my Coordinator
- Wear my volunteer t-shirt, supplied, while on duty and refrain from wearing it when not on duty;
- Understand that if I consume alcohol while off duty, I am expected to drink responsibly
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all Kolour Festival information and records
- Understand that the volunteer pass is non-transferable and remain the property of the KITP Music Festival and can be repossessed if:
- I attempt to bring alcohol into the Festival area and/or possess open alcohol where prohibited
- I commit illegal, violent, or unsafe acts
- I am under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on duty
- I violate campground rules and regulations
- I fail to contribute the minimum time requirements or fail to fulfill shift commitments.
***Once festival management have confirmed your place you will be required to purchase a volunteer deposit ticket. You will receive instructions on how to register for your volunteer deposit ticket once accepted into the volunteer program, your deposit will be returned to you after the event, once we confirm that you completed all your shifts***