Already fancy applying to KGT? Send us a video.
If you’ve got a talent that will wow the judges, what are you waiting for?
Open to novices, professionals, groups and individuals from the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Rangitikei districts, we're looking for anything and everything from solo acts, group performances, singers, dancers, magicians, circus and stunt acts, instrumentalists, comedians, novelty acts, child performers, and whether amateur or professional, our doors are open to everyone of any age
We’d love to receive clips that are less than 2 minutes long. Make sure you include your name and contact details and send us your video before 5:00 pm 27th October. Applications are open from all locations.
Please provide a separate video describing yourself and why you decided to audition for Kimbolton’s Got Talent. This should be no longer than 2 minutes.
Once you have made your videos just include a link in your application so we can view it.
If selected for the Finals Show be prepared to perform a different act to the auditions act. Do not include this act in your audition video.
Your act that you perform at the Auditions and Finals Show should be no longer than 3 minutes
Please bring music to accompany for your audition/performance on either a USB stick, CD, or on a device with a mini jack (headphone) socket.
We will supply a sound system.
You may nominate a maximum of 2 support persons to accompany you for free entry to the Auditions Show.
Get in touch! Our number is 06 328 5708
You’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions before sending the application form.
Please note the stage dimensions are as follows, please ensure your act can be performed within these dimensions.
The measurements of the stage are.
Video tricks and tips:
- Light it up! Strong, clean lighting will help get you noticed ... dancing in the dark is for clubbers.
- Steady Freddie and lock that camera off! Use a tripod, a wall, a bag, a table anything, just make sure it's stable.
- Sounds like what? Good sound MAKES a good video. Use a mic if you have one, and background noise is a no no. We want to hear you, not the neighbours.
- Keep it simple, we don't need anything complicated! Just a single shot will do, and a quick title board with your name, and contact details if you can manage it.
- File size: Please keep files under 100MB - remember we're just after a taste.
- Length: Two mins max
- Formats: We'll take any videos in the following formats: mov, mp4, m4v, mpg, mpeg, ogv, ogg, flv, wmv, avi
- Compression: If you need to scrunch your video down to 100MB, or change formats to get it to us, we recommend the following, free, apps:
- FreeMake (PC Users): http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
- Handbrake (PC & MAC): http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
- Once you've hit "Submit" it could take a long time to successfully upload depending on file size and your internet connection. You should see a progress indicator letting you know that everything's ticking over.
Click on the link to view the Terms and Conditions: