Hours of Operation:
We generally follow the GLPS calendar, so if school is closed, we are typically closed. For exceptions, or changes to hours, please check out our facebook page:
Monday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - noon
We are also open the first Tuesday of each month from 5-7pm.
If you are unable to stop by during these times to drop off or pick up items, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to schedule an alternate time to meet.
Ken’s Coat Closet has been serving the Grand Ledge community for the past 6 years. Our mission has been twofold: 1. Providing free clothing, personal care items, household and other items to the Grand Ledge Community 2. Provide a work based learning environment for special education students in our Giving Eaton County Kids Opportunities (GECKO) program.
The Coat Closet is open to all members of the community. When individuals from the community visit the Coat Closet with a need for items, students can assist them in finding and bagging items. We also often have school counselors and other school personnel contact us about individual student needs. GECKO students are then able to put a box of items together from the Coat Closet and get them delivered to any of the schools in our district.
Although we do not ask for any personal financial information from customers, we do ask that individuals sign in to help us gather information to best serve our customers.
At times we may have limited amounts of certain items, and may limit customers on the number of similar items available. Overall customers are encouraged to take what they need and we do not regularly limit the number of items per visit.
Please send an email to email@example.com to request items or find out more information about Ken Clark's Coat Closet(KC3). If you are sending an email request, please include the following information:
- Age of individual (if a student)
- If placing a request for an adult, please include that information so we can better fulfill your request.
- Type of item and size, color, etc
- If you would like the item delivered to a school, or if you will be in to pick it up.
- If you are requesting delivery, we need the name of the child and the school. Delivery only available to schools in Grand Ledge at this time. If you would like to pick up items, a first name, and date and time you would like to pick up.
- You will receive an email back if we are able to fulfill your request, and what day it will be available for delivery or pick up, and if we are not able to fulfill your request immediately, we will contact you and attempt to find your items.