*Update 5/2019: Orion Township should have a decision in July/August if they will be selecting an exclusive single hauler for all residential units in the Township. If the Board of Trustees vote this through, the anticipated transition would take place in January 2020. Please keep this in mind as you sign up for trash collection services for the remainder of the year. For more information regarding this please visit: http://oriontownship.org/Home.aspx Our WM contract is up in September of 2019. If the township votes against a single hauler, we will renegotiate our contract.
In order to reduce the expense of Keatington Cedars' residential waste removal and to reduce the number of waste trucks rolling through our neighborhood, we have negotiated a special contract rate with Waste Management (WM). You may contact WM residential services online and manage your WM account by clicking here. You can also call WM directly at 866-797-9018 to establish waste removal services for your home. Please contact WM if there is a problem with waste pick up at your home. Weekly pick-up for garbage, recycling and yard waste is on Mondays.
To take advantage of our reduced waste removal rates, use one of the following codes:
KCA for annual contract pricing
KC1 for quarterly contract pricing
*quarterly is recommended until Orion Twp. decides about single hauler*
- Call WM to be sure you are a part of the current contract quote
- Tell WM if you will be paying quarterly (KC1) or annually (KCA)
- Request a current copy of the guidelines for trash removal, since the landfill laws change from time-to-time
- There is a one-time activation fee for new customers
- There is no charge or deposit for WM trash or recycle containers
- Customer-purchased containers cannot be larger than 32 gallons
- Put yard waste into brown paper yard waste bags or dedicated 32 gallon containers marked "yard waste"
- WM does not empty yard waste containers that weigh more than 50 pounds