RISE Gifted program
What is RISE?
RISE is Arizona Virtual Academy's (AZVA) self-contained program exclusively for highly gifted AZVA students.*
Students accepted to RISE are encouraged to take their learning to a deeper level as they explore their interests, solve problems, and work side by side with other gifted students.
RISE students also benefit from:
- Live class discussions, projects, and virtual collaborative learning
- Instruction from gifted-certified teachers
- Renzulli Learning supplements personalized to their age and ability level
- Acceleration in areas of exceptional strength
- Interest based projects and field trips
*Only students who are enrolled at Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) are eligible to apply to RISE.
Who is RISE intended for?
Gifted students in grades 3–8 who meet one of the following criteria:
- Exhibit high performance capability in an intellectual, creative, or artistic area
- Possess an unusual capacity for leadership
- Excel in a specific academic field
What are the qualifications?
Qualifying for RISE involves three steps:
Nominated students must be identified as highly gifted according to one of the following qualifications:
- 130+ Composite IQ Score
- Score in the 97th percentile on a state-approved gifted assessment (e.g the CoGAT test or similar)