Spring 2020 REQUIRED State testing:
Students attending any public charter school in the state of Arizona are required to participate in Arizona state testing. All students in grades 3rd-8th AND 10th grade students enrolled at Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) and Insight Academy of Arizona (ISAZ) are required to participate in this testing over a 3-4 day period of time. Review below to see what is new in state testing, what your family needs to expect, and the testing dates.
Also, PLEASE consider volunteering at your child's testing site. Volunteers are needed to help with student check-in and check-out, and hallway supervision. It is a GREAT WAY to contribute to your school community. Additional information is coming soon!
What is new in REQUIRED State testing this year?
- AzMERIT is now called AzM2
- High school end of course assessments have been removed
- All testing is based on student grade level
- Students in grades: 3rd-8th AND 10th grade ONLY will be testing this school year
What should students expect each testing day?
- REQUIRED state testing will be administered over 3 to 4 days
- Day 1: Writing
- Day 2: Reading Part 1 & Math Part 1
- Day 3: Reading Part 2 & Math Part 2
- Day 4: AIMS Science: Grades 4, 8 and 10th grade ONLY,
What are the dates for this required testing?
As in past years, our testing window is during a two week period of time (3/30-4/10). Specific student testing locations will be communicated in late February. TENTATIVE testing locations may be found HERE.
Week 1: March 30th - April 3rd
Week 2: April 6th - April 10th