Recent / Upcoming Presentations
Keynote Speaker: IGNITE Center Summer Institute: The Interaction of Neuroscience, Literacy and Technology, Philadelphia, PA. 6/27/2019
- Designing the Future of Learning That We Envision Through a Student-Centered, Future-Focused Mindset
Keynote Speaker: STEM Summit, Pittsburgh, PA. 5/2/2019
- AI in STEM: It's Here! Get Ready, Now!
- You are likely familiar with how quickly Artificial Intelligence is shaping our world, but just as AI hinges on the collection of data, AI’s success will hinge on a collection of shared stakeholders. Attendees will experience how AI in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math is impacting our schools, workforce, communities, and daily lives. Are you ready?
Webinar: ISTE, Global. 4/11/2019
- A Blueprint for AI Learning
Presenter: Blended & Personalized Learning Conference, Providence RI. 4/6/2019
- Is AI the most important thing happening on planet earth?
- We are a couple of years into a new era; the one that follows the 40-year information age. While AI will help address our most pressing problems, it has the potential to exacerbate gaps in society and pose existential threats. This time of novelty and complexity will demand design thinking, relationship skills, and entrepreneurship. This leadership workshop will lead a conversation about what’s going on, what it means, and how educators can prepare for and use AI, blockchain and machine learning. Join us to discuss how we can shape a future that works for everyone.
Presenter: ASCD Empower19, Chicago, IL. 3/29/2019
- STEM Mindsets: Bridging Mindsets to Actions and Results
Keynote Speaker: Ohio Educational Technology Conference, Columbus, OH. 2/14/2019
- Designing The Future That We Envision Through Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence has quickly and quietly embedded itself into our everyday life - security, education, social media, politics, agriculture, and more. The future of work, and maybe humanity, will no doubt be impacted by AI. Students are sitting in classrooms across the nation with optimism and a sense of fearlessness through a natural spirit of creativity ready to create a brighter and more inclusive world; as such, our way of thinking must evolve and change. Dr. Justin Aglio will share examples that emphasize how one school has moved beyond change to empower students and teachers to be designers of the future through AI. He will help imagine how human curiosity and creativity combined with artificial intelligence will transform the future.
Webinar: PAECT, Global. 1/24/2019
- Artificial Intelligence 101: What you need to know about AI Education (now)
- Artificial Intelligence has quickly and quietly embedded itself into our everyday life - security, education, social media, politics, agriculture, and more. The future of work, and maybe humanity, will no doubt be impacted by AI. Join us in this webinar as Dr. Justin Aglio will walk you through the basics of modern AI as well as share examples that emphasize how one school has moved beyond change to empower students and teachers to be designers of the future through AI.
Featured Speaker: Teacher Leadership Summit, Pittsburgh, PA. 12/5/2019
- Designing and Leading the Future of Learning
Presenter: Three Rivers Educational Technology Conference, Baldwin-Whitehall, PA. 11/6/2018
- Teaching and Learning in AI
Keynote: Speaker: Educational Research in Practice Summit, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA. 11/2/2018.
- Pioneering K-12-Research Partnerships
Keynote Speaker: RISE II - Research and Innovation Symposium for Education, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY. 9/28/2018
- Bridging Mindsets to Actions and Results
Panelist: 90.5 WESA | Pittsburgh's NPR News Station, Pittsburgh, PA. 9/11/2018
- How Do We Prepare Today's Learners for Future Jobs?
Panelist: Understanding the Barriers to Adoption of Technology in Education Summit, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA. 6/1/2018
- School Incentives and Barriers to Ed Tech Adoption
Panelist: Schools That Can National Forum, Chicago, IL. 5/2/2018
- How Can The Promise of Making Reach Every Student?
Ignite Speaker, Charlotte, NC. 4/25/2018
- Story Telling in Education
Featured Presenter: Pennsylvania STEM Coalition Webinar, Pennsylvania Department of Education. 2/28/2018
- Promising Practices
Moderator: Mid-Atlantic Conference on Personalized Learning, Pittsburgh, PA. 2/27/2018
- Accelerating Learning thru Innovation
Opening Remarks: National K-12 Educational Research in Practice Summit (Carnegie Mellon University), Pittsburgh, PA. 11/2017
- Researcher and Practitioners Unite
Facilitator: EdSurge Fusion, San Francisco, CA. 11/2017
- Strategic Curriculum
Moderator: Three Rivers Educational Technology Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. 11/2017
- What is Personalized Learning?
Presenter: School Library Journal and Library Journal, Online. 10/2017
- Create a Maker Program Ready to Implement in Your School or Library
Presenter: Washington Literacy Council (Washington and Jefferson College), Washington, PA. 8/1/2017
- Cultivating Curiosity
Presenter: Project Zero Perspectives (Harvard University), Pittsburgh, PA. 5/2017
- The Second Act of Making
Presenter: Schools That Can National Forum, Pittsburgh, PA. 5/2017
- Self-Organized Learning Environments
Keynote Speaker: MASS Customization Mid-Atlantic Summit, Altoona, PA. 4/2017
- The Second Act of Technology
Presenter: MASS Customization Mid-Atlantic Summit, Altoona, PA. 4/2017
- Self-Organized Learning Environments (SOLE)
Presenter: ASCD 2017, Anaheim, CA. 3/2017
- The Second Act of STEM
Presenter: PETE & C, Hershey, PA. 2/2017
- The Second Act of Innovation
Presenter: Thrival Festival, Pittsburgh, PA. 9/2016
- The Power of Partnerships
Featured Speaker: 3D Bootcamp, INVENTORcloud, Youngstown, OH. 6/2016
Panel: Schools That Can National Forum, New York, NY. 6/2016
Keynote Speaker: STEAM in the Valley, California, PA. 3/2016
Presenter: Robert Morris University, Moon, PA. 3/2016
Presenter: Mid-Atlantic Personalized Learning Conference, Baltimore, MD. 2/2016
Presenter: Three Rivers Educational Technology Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. 11/2015
Keynote Speaker: Tri-State Principals Leadership Institute, Pittsburgh, PA. 10/2015
Keynote Speaker: The Consortium of Public Schools, Pittsburgh, PA. 10/2015
Presenter: MakerFaire Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. 10/2015
Moderator: Thrival Festival, Pittsburgh, PA. 10/2015
Presenter: Schools That Can National Forum, Los Angeles, CA. 5/2015
- Project-Based Learning
Presenter: Create Festival, Pittsburgh, PA. 6/2015
Ignite Speaker: Pittsburgh Pathways Summit, Pittsburgh, PA. 11/2014
Featured Presenter: ISTE Virtual Conference, Online. 1/2014
Speaker: International Reading Association, Chicago, IL. 5/2013