Junze Sun (孙君泽)
Research Interests: Political Economics, Micro-economic Theory, Behavioral and Experimental Economics.
My Job Market Paper, titled "A Theory on Media Bias and Elections", studies the impact of biased media on voters' behavior and election outcomes (winner of the Gregory Chow Best Paper Award, CES 2018). This paper shows that biased media can systematically influence the election outcome and voter turnout, even if voters are Bayesian. It provides testable predictions regarding how media bias and media competition affect the election outcome, voter turnout, and voter welfare. The analysis also reveals that conventional wisdom -- media competition improves information transmission and voter welfare -- may fail to hold if media cannot commit to their news reporting strategies.
- Internal: Prof. Arthur Schram and Prof. Randolph Sloof.
- External: Prof. David K. Levine.
Placement director: Eric (E.J.) Bartelsman.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be available at:
- The European Job Market for Economist in Naples, Italy, December 6-7, 2018.
- The 43 Simposio de la Asociación Española de Economía on December 13 - 15, 2018.
- Royal Economic Society PhD Meetings in London, U.K., December 18-19, 2018.
- The Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) annual meeting in Atlanta, U.S., January 4-6, 2019.