jungseul at postech dot ac dot kr
Jungseul Ok is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence, and a member of Machine Learning Lab at POSTECH. He completed Ph.D program in School of Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea, under the supervision of Prof. Yung Yi and Prof. Jinwoo Shin. After graduation, he worked with Prof. Alexandre Proutiere and Prof. Sewoong Oh as a postdoctoral researcher, respectively, in School of Electrical Engineering at KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, and Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington, WA, US.
His research focus is theoretical machine learning on a wide spectrum of topics, including neural network analysis, structured reinforcement learning, recommender system, wireless network, social network, and crowdsourcing system.
I'm recruiting motivated & bright students who want to work together on interesting machine learning problems. Reach me. (jungseul at postech dot ac dot kr) It would be helpful if you can send me your transcript and CV.
You can also find my papers listed in Google Scholar.
- Suho Shin, Jungseul Ok, Hoyong Choi, and Yung Yi, "On the Posted Pricing in Crowdsourcing: Power of Bonus", arXiv preprint arXiv:1804.03178 , 2018
- Jiin Woo, Jungseul Ok, and Yung Yi , "Iterative Learning of Graph Connectivity from Partially-Observed Cascade Samples", to appear in MobiHoc 2020
- Jungseul Ok, Sewoong Oh, Yunhun Jang, Jinwoo Shin, and Yung Yi, "Iterative Bayesian Learning for Crowdsourced Regression", AISTATS, 2019, [code]
- Jungseul Ok, Alexandre Proutiere, and Damianos Tranos, "Exploration in Structured Reinforcement Learning", NeurIPS, 2018 (oral presentation), [slide] [poster]
- Weiran Huang, Jungseul Ok, Liang Li, Wei Chen "Combinatorial Pure Exploration with Continuous and Separable Reward Functions and Its Applications" , IJCAI, 2018
- Jungseul Ok, Se-Young Yun, Alexandre Proutiere, and Rami Mochaourab, "Collaborative Clustering: Sample complexity and Efficient Algorithms", ALT, 2017
- Jungseul Ok, Jinwoo Shin, and Yung Yi , "Incentivizing Strategic Users for Social Diffusion: Quantity or Quality?", IEEE INFOCOM, 2017 [slide]
- Jungseul Ok, Sewoong Oh, Jinwoo Shin and Yung Yi, "Optimality of Belief Propagation for Crowdsourced Classification", ICML, 2016 [slide] [supp] [code]
- Jungseul Ok, Jinwoo Shin, and Yung Yi , "On the Progressive Spread over Strategic Diffusion: Asymptotic and Computation" , IEEE INFOCOM, 2015 (Bronze Prize, 21st Samsung Humantech Thesis, Samsung Electronics, 2014) [slide]
- Jungseul Ok, Youngmi Jin, Jinwoo Shin and Yung Yi, "On Maximizing the Diffusion Speed in Social Networks: Impact of Random Seeding and Clustering", ACM SIGMETRICS, 2014 [slide]
- Richard Combes, Alexandre Proutiere, Donggyu Yun, Jungseul Ok and Yung Yi, "Optimal Rate Sampling in 802.11 Systems" , IEEE INFOCOM, 2014 [code]
- Youngmi Jin, Jungseul Ok, Yung Yi and Jinwoo Shin, "On the Impact of Global Information on Diffusion of Innovations over Social Networks", NetSciCom@IEEE INFOCOM, 2013
- Seungje Woo, Sung G. Lee, Jungseul Ok, Jong-Hwan Kim, "Development and Implementation of Break Falling System for a Biped Robot", RiTA, 2012 [demo]
- Richard Combes, Jungseul Ok, Alexandre Proutiere, Donggyu Yun and Yung Yi , “Optimal Rate Sampling in 802.11 systems: Theory, Design, and Implementation,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol 18, no. 5, pp. 1145-1158, May 2019, doi: 10.1109/TMC.2018.2854758.[code]
- Jungseul Ok, Sewoong Oh, Jinwoo Shin and Yung Yi, "Optimal Inference in Crowdsourced Classification via Belief Propagation" IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 6127-6138, 2018
- Jungseul Ok, Youngmi Jin, Jinwoo Shin and Yung Yi, "On Maximizing Diffusion Speed over Social Network with Strategic Users" IEEE/ACM Transactions of Networking, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 3798-3811, Dec 2016, doi:10.1109/TNET.2016.2556719 [supp]
- Donggyu Yun, Jungseul Ok, Bongjhin Shin, Soobum Park, and Yung Yi, "Embedding of Virtual Network Requests over Static Wireless Multihop Networks" Elsevier Computer Networks, vol.57, no.5, pp.1139-1152 , 2013. [code]
- Jungseul Ok, Sewoong Oh, Jinwoo Shin and Yung Yi, "Optimality of Belief Propagation for Crowdsourced Classification", CrowdML@NIPS, 2016 [slide] [supp] [code]
- Jungseul Ok, Youngmi Jin, Jaeyoung Choi, Jinwoo Shin, and Yung Yi, "Influence Maximization over Strategic Diffusion in Social Networks" , IEEE CISS, 2014 (invited paper)
- Byungchan Ko (MS+PhD / 2020-present) @ AIGS/POSTECH
- Hyejin Park (MS / 2020-present) @ AIGS/POSTECH
- Sanghoon Lee (MS / 2020-present) @ AIGS/POSTECH
You can find more details about me in my CV.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, KAIST, South Korea, 2011.02 - 2016.08
- B.S.E., Electrical Engineering, KAIST, South Korea, 2007.02 - 2011.02
- 2017.04 - Current: Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Electrical Engineering, KTH, Sweden
- 2016.10 - 2016.03: Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Electrical Engineering, KAIST, South Korea
- 2016.02 - 2016.05: Research Intern, Theory Group, Microsoft Research Asia, China
- 2015.06 - 2015.10: Research Intern, Center of Non-Linear Studies, Los Alamos National Laboratory, United State
- 2015.02 - 2015.05: Research Intern, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, United State
- Qualcomm-KAIST Innovation Award, Qualcomm, 2016
- Nomination Award, Fellowships at Microsoft Research Asia, 2015
- Bronze Prize, 21st Samsung Humantech Thesis, Samsung Electronics, 2014
- Summa Cum Laude Honor, KAIST, 2011
- Silver Prize, Undergraduate Research Program, KAIST, 2010